TSandM -- Lynne Flaherty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Those of us who never met her will miss her voice here. My condolences.

Lynne would be pleased by the number of posts in this thread that begin with something to the effect of "I haven't been on ScubaBoard in years, but" ... it's an amazing tribute to the depth to which she's touched so many ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

So true Bob, I was thinking just the same thing last night...

Valerie

I am only a registered lurker around SB, and am familiar with Lynne only from her posts here, but I have only ever received a great impression from her, not only as a diver, but more importantly as a person. What a loss to her loved ones, including family and friends, those she has helped both through her work in the ER and in diving, to those on this board, and all those who will never have the opportunity to meet her. My deepest condolences, Peter.

I am a lurker who was coming back today to check if there was any more info on the Doc Deep accident. I was absolutely shocked to open this thread and see it was about TSandM. I know it can happen to even the most safety-conscious of us all, but...this was very unexpected. I never even interacted with her and yet had a lot of respect for her. I don't have any other words, really. This is just very sad.

Unbelievably sad news. I never met Lynne personally but I've known about her tremendous presence and wisdom on this board. Even messaged her about buying new fins last month. She was a virtual mentor and diving resource for us all. Always seemed kind, helpful, never had an attitude to anyone. To her husband, friends, and family on here: I'm so sorry for your loss. Scubaboard will never be the same without her.

My deepest condolences to Peter, and to the oh-so-many people who loved her.

Cameron

I am so saddened by this. I believe there are certain things, certain people, that consciously or subconsciously help hold us up when there is so much negative in the world. I believe Lynne was one of those people. Whether she touched you directly or indirectly, she just made this world a better place. Perhaps the best tribute we can offer is to try and be more like her.

My deepest condolences Peter. I can't imagine what you're going through. It's all been said about Lynne's incredibly respected presence on Scubaboard. I always enjoyed her posts and felt a bit of kinship as we both got certified 10 years ago and are the same age. Do the best you can to hang in there.

Back
Top Bottom