TSandM -- Lynne Flaherty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Peter, I am stunned. I felt that I knew her through this Board. I read all of her posts and admired her wisdom, common sense, and joy in diving. I learned a lot from her. You certainly have all of my thoughts, condolences and prayers.

My thoughts are with all whom mourn her loss, especially you, Peter, and those in the Puget Sound community who loved her so. She will be missed by many.

Lynne would be pleased by the number of posts in this thread that begin with something to the effect of "I haven't been on ScubaBoard in years, but" ... it's an amazing tribute to the depth to which she's touched so many ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Add one more to the list of those who never met her, but had the greatest respect and admiration for her. She will be deeply missed by us all.

I'm one of those who doesn't come to SB often any more but hearing this is just so so saddening. I never met her but have always admired her way with helping other's through the board. Her advice has always been spot on, safety cautious and well, just great. I know I've gained much wisdom from reading her posts. I'm so sorry for your lost. I'm still so stunned.

Darn!!!

Very sad, and hits home. My blessing go out to her friends and family.

The diving community and all that knew her are deeply sadden by this tragic loss. I know I certainly will.

I had the honor of diving with Lynne in Seattle a couple of years ago, when I was very new to diving. She was warm, welcoming, very supportive and happy to help a newbie get his feet wet. Although I met her but for a brief time, she had a profound impact on me both as a person and as a diver. No words can do true justice to the person many of us knew, and I cannot express how deeply saddened I am at her loss. She was a role model to many people - divers or not - and I pray for her family and friends during this difficult loss. I also hope we can all continue her amazing legacy and follow her example in how to treat people and how to help others, so her memory never fades.

Back
Top Bottom