TSA Stupidity

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's becuase you aren't thinking like the enemy.

No country has only one enemy, and no enemy unitizes only one tactical approach to every operation. The first attempt on the World Trade Center involved people who walked away from the site.

Nemrod, I'm just glad Richard Reed (The Shoe Bomber) hid his bomb in his shoe and not up his ass.
I'm just waiting for someone to sneek an exploding bra on board. After that, standing in line at the checkpoint might actually be entertaining. :blinking:

I'm just waiting for someone to sneek an exploding bra on board. After that, standing in line at the checkpoint might actually be entertaining. :blinking:

Not based on the general population that end up on my flights. :vomit:

Hey Webdivebc!
Did the RB in question have the tank valves off, ready for inspection? Or a nail clipper carefully concealed?

Kona airport required us to remove our dive lights from our checked luggage and put in hand carry. NO BATTERIES were in them. As it turned out I had forgotten about one dive light that was still in my BC pocket in a my checked bag that DID have batteries, which went through without a hitch.

Talk about confiscation for personal use, I had a Belezian security guy confiscate a roll of duct tape out of my checked baggage.

True story about a friend who transited through an African airport. The X-ray machine was broken, so all bags were hand searched behind a curtain with him present. The "Inspector" open his bag, took out the two bottles of booze and carton of cigarettes. Put one bottle back into the bag after offering it to another "inspector" open the cigarettes, divided them up between himself and the other "inspector" and then closed the bag and told my friend he could go.

If my friend had even made a noise, there would have had to be an official enquiry that would take as long as they wanted it to.

I was also extremely disturbed that an elderly man was lifted out of his wheelchair and had to struggle through the damn metal detector (I was watching people being screened as they dug through my stuff). There was also a small child in front of me about 3 - 4 years old that kept setting off the detector. The TSA people kept taking him and shoving him through again and again, the poor kid was in tears! This is just really absurd.

I know seems bad, but these terrorists were rigging children(3-4 years old) with suicide vests and telling them pressing the button would shoot flowers out to the American troops. Had a Afgan security guard have a 4 year old kid come up to him and ask him what to do, the kid had got flusttered and forgot what he was suppose to do. Showed him the vest and they removed and disarmed the vest. So long story short this is why TSA is so bonkers about everything.

Yeah, but there is a world of difference between the streets of Afghanistan where kids have never seen a school, and here in America. It also requires having parents who are willing to trade the life of thier kid for a handful of cash. This is something that is common in many mid-east countries, but unheard of in the states.

Back
Top Bottom