TSA got you down?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice, that is the preamble, it is an introduction, it does not go on to say the Federal Goverment shall provide security for private companies. But we've become so used to the politicians doing what ever they want and running the people over that we don't even think about it, instead we just say they are securing our "safety" with no thought to what their role is or what they should be doing or more importantly not doing.

This is not about security for private airplanes, private companies or anything but the security of the American people. Now, whether the government's approach and techniques are the right ones to satisfy that duty can clearly be questioned. In an extreme, we could be turning sand to glass where terrorists are finding shelter and support. Might be effective in the short run but long term repercussions probably not acceptable. So some type of balanced approach compatible with our self imposed standards seems to be what we are working on. Perhaps we need to be stronger with the offensive portion of our strategy. But as much as I dislike the government encroachment on my constitutional freedoms, any effective strategy will probably be heavily dependent on defensive techniques which make it harder for terrorists to effectively strike American citizens.

The fact is, you can decline to allow yourself to be the victim of unreasonable search. It will almost surely mean you will not be flying on a commercial airplane. And, you may be denied boarding and searched against your will. You would have legal recourse which will be time and $$ consuming. Your call.

Thank you for NOT answering my question :idk:

How about you tell us, What could the TSA do to you that you would find as unreasonable? If it is nothing. If there is no limit. Then you need to re-think your citizenship. The word unreasonable means there is a line that is definable. If you think the sky is the limit, and there is nothing that is not reasonable then you believe the 4th amendment is pointless. If that is the case you have lost any sense of what being an American is about.

Of course there is a limit. I don't know where it is, because "reasonable" depends on the specific situation at hand. Reasonable also means avoiding a lot of unnecessary emotional drama and patriotic theatrics.

Of course there is a limit. I don't know where it is, because "reasonable" depends on the specific situation at hand. Reasonable also means avoiding a lot of unnecessary emotional drama and patriotic theatrics.

Darn, you are master of NOT answering the questions.

He asked you what would be your limit for going through security checkpoint at the airport. What would you find unreasonable.

"Master of NOT answering the questions".

New PADI Specialty?

The specific situation at hand is airline security. how much more specific do you want? We are talking about being treated WORSE than a criminal because we want to get on an airplane.

See I believe the government has crossed the line. Actually I think they crossed the line some time ago, but this is really way cross the line. You (as in everyone who thinks these invasive scans should be legal) don't. So I want to know what would be the minimum in your mind that the government could do to cross that line of too much?

If you cannot answer that question, then we have lost our 4th amendment, and this is no longer America.

Is anyone else out there finding the draconian methods being employed by the TSA to be curbing their dive travel? I just canceled a dive trip to Bonaire so that I wouldn't have to submit to state authorized sexual molestation. It's unfortunate that air travel has come to this, I was really looking forward to a couple of big trips I was starting to plan, including Galapagos and Sharm El Sheik.

Now, I'm just going to be limited to where I can get to by car or maybe train.

I'm sure some would question letting such "trivia" keep me from going where I want, but from my perspective, I'm not willing to let politicians, who don't even have to submit to these procedures they're forcing on us, and manufacturers of unproven equipment, make my life hell so someone can make a buck. I don't believe any of these reactionary rules have much to do with safety or security, frankly.

I'm one of the lucky ones; I don't believe TSA has conspired to sexually molest me. (Perhaps due to low self esteem?) In any event, ignorance is, most certainly, bliss. They wanna take my pic; good luck to 'em and their strong stomachs. My wife and girlfriends think MY screenings are a hoot. I don't know if the (TSA's, not mine) equipment is unproven; you obviously have insider knowledge and may be right. Or wrong. In any case I'm focusing my energies on more important issues like who will win on DWTS, what color sox to wear tomorrow and whether to set the washer on HOT or WARM.

No-one really tried to bypass Israeli security? Seriously? Seriously?!? Do you really need geography lesson where Israel is?
Oh please. I know about Kassam rockets and stuff; I've read about Intifadas etc, about attacks in Algeria, Egypt and Argentina. But as far as air travel is concern, the only recent case that I know is one with the Ukranian AA missile. So if you do know a case, why don't you tell me?

I clicked on the link and almost had an epileptic seizure.......

That free health care coming our way would have took care of it. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom