TS Fay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm beginning to wonder if we'll ever see the sun again. I'm tired of everything being so wet!

On the bright side though, it's putting off the yard work I should have done this week.

Thank goodness I'm on a plane outta here next week.

I'm beginning to wonder if we'll ever see the sun again. I'm tired of everything being so wet!

On the bright side though, it's putting off the yard work I should have done this week.

Thank goodness I'm on a plane outta here next week.

Sun? Sun? :confused: what's a sun?:confused:

Around here everythings flooded. Went to the grocery store (in the rain) and found out they have no power so no milk, frozen foods, meats, or deli but can goods are available. Small generator is running the cash register (and lotto machine). Small lakes are up 10 to 20 feet and lapping at neighbors doors. My yard is littered with small branches and tall grass. It stopped raining for about an hour today and then the southern feeder bands came back and dumped a lot more water. My roof leaked (Hello, State Farm) and my attached porch flooded. Now its headed for cave country and I'm sure that will effect the rivers up there for a few weeks. Lots of small frogs hopping all around my yard. Quite a rain storm!!!

I just got my electricity restored after 48 hour disruption. Drove home today along the indian river road (bad idea) the water was bursting the bank and was around 3 or 4 inches deep along the road. I turned off the road when it got unmanagable ( did not have my scuba gear).The storm brought tons of rain although on the bright side the wind was of no major concern .If this is the price we must pay for paradise deal me in.

We just lost power at the Fairfield Inn here in Marianna. No TV, no lights and no AC.

Made two nice dives in JB today. It wasn't really raining until I got out after the second dive. A huge oak tree cracked up and fell on the other side of the fence that a couple of us got to witness. Must have just been old and/or rotten since it was not blowing real hard at the time.

Diving Hole and Twin off a pontoon with Edd in the morning. A couple of others here from Texas braving it tomorrow as well. We'll let you know how it goes.

TS Fay slammed us. I have heard from 10 to 15" of rain and 65 MPH gust with several Tornado's.

We lost three squad cars do to flooding. Rescued many people from their flooded homes. Lost power in several places. 50% of the roads were impassable by car.

Personally I liked the news coverage to see what was going on and what to expect, but I had to drive in it every night from 2300 to 0700.

Heya Eric, was wondering how you were doing up there. I bet you have some interesting stories to tell!

We are still getting rain-bands up here. Not as bad as yesterday though. I heard the roads at Ginnie are like , really mushy , so they've closed it for camping this weekend (maybe closed all together this weekend). That doesn't happen very often.

I wonder how the dem panhandlers are doing? :11:

I am SO GLAD you salty's , which are old hands at these storms , came thru OK !!!! (SMILE)

Jean

P.S. Us ol' Minnesotan's still can't QUITE figure out why the wind comes from one direction and then switches to the other :rofl3:

Seriously , I hope everyone got thru everything SAFE !!!!!

I hope everyone is safe too; Eric, bravo to you and your team for your good work.

I am shocked at how much damage Fay did, "only" a tropical storm but so much more damage than many real hurricanes do.

Whoop.. as I was reading this the TV cut in with the "Boooooooop 'The emergency system has been activated, please turn to channel 13 for further details'" and a Flood Warning showing up. Weee!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom