Trying to set a fair price....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Buoyant1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
And not just GIVE it away either!

I bought an Aeris Atmos XT BCD a few years back, put about 60 dives on it over the course of ownership. (I've been primarily using a Dive Rite system the past few years, but used this one once or twice just to make sure it still worked properly) It's in great shape, used mostly in freshwater quarries, but has about 16 salt water dives during it's life.

I'm thinking I should sell it, but want to set a fair price, but not just give it away.

Any serious suggestions?:idk:

Thanks!

Try seeing what they go for on eBay... Then adjust for yours.

Put yourself in the shoes of a potential buyer. Check out what else is available (new and used) and ask yourself what you'd (realistically) be prepared to pay for a used BCD.

Tough time to be selling used gear. A Zeagle Ranger used to sell on Ebay between $250 and $350 depending on age/condition/size. Now I am seeing some in the $150 range. Best guess, if you get half of new you done good.

Based solely on the for sale forum here, there's one that sold in October for at most $225.00 (who knows when the buyer offered and what was accepted though) and another that someone has been trying to sell for months with apparently no takers at 250.00. I also saw an Atmos LX, which i think it basically a newer, redesigned version sell for 205 shipped.

Unfortunately these "full featured" BCs just don't have much value on the used market. I will most likely be selling my Atmos LX this summer and will consider myself lucky if I get 200 for it.

It appears they sell for around $200-250.

With used dive gear I tend to offer half of what I can get them for at the cheapest shop if it is in good condition. Bad condition a lot less.

Most used gear goes for around half of it's retail price. Many items for less than that.
Whenever I sell used gear I sell it at half, and usually flip things quickly.

I base offers for gear on the same starting point.

Some items bring more than half of retail, it just depends.

-Mitch

It has no intrisic value, aside from what the market will bear at the moment. You can't really set the price.

Back
Top Bottom