Trying to find details about two types of tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vixtor

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

I intend to buy a steel 15L/232bar tank (this is 122.89 cubic feet in imperial units). The candidates are:
scubapro
seemann

The first one is Scubapro, the second is Seemann Sub. My problem is that I cannot find more specifications about them (weight, buoyancy characteristics), and the LDS will receive the details only when they receive in shop the tank that I order. Scubapro has no reference about tanks on their website. Seemann has them listed without any specifications. There is also a 120 EUR(180 USD) price difference between them (the Scubapro one being more expensive).

Can you please tell me, if you happen to know the tanks, more details about them? I would like to find out if there is any reason to buy one over the other (like better weight/buoyancy, better steel(?), better external protection, better valve, anything else that I am not thinking of).

Btw, it seems (but I'm not sure) that the Seemann one is made by Eurocylinders

I also forgot to mention that I would enjoy better the more negative tank, as I usually dive in 6-7mm wetsuit (in case somebody will ask what I mean by better buoyancy).

if i am not mistaken (i am sure to be corrected if i am) i believe the scubapro tanks are actually made buy PST cylinders (Pressed Steel).

Just go to pstscuba.com (or maybe pst-scuba.com) and they should have all the specs you need. hope this helps.

The Scubapro tank looks very Italian...as in Faber. It is definitely not from the US PST company.

Sorry I can't help you much with European tanks.

if i am not mistaken (i am sure to be corrected if i am) i believe the scubapro tanks are actually made buy PST cylinders (Pressed Steel).

Just go to pstscuba.com (or maybe pst-scuba.com) and they should have all the specs you need. hope this helps.

Tanks that are marked "ScubaPro" are made by Faber.

See, i knew i would be corrected if i were wrong...which i was ...wrong wrong wrong....sorry to hand out the bum info...

Narced_1

Hello,

I intend to buy a steel 15L/232bar tank (this is 122.89 cubic feet in imperial units). The candidates are:
scubapro
seemann

The first one is Scubapro, the second is Seemann Sub. My problem is that I cannot find more specifications about them (weight, buoyancy characteristics), and the LDS will receive the details only when they receive in shop the tank that I order. Scubapro has no reference about tanks on their website. Seemann has them listed without any specifications. There is also a 120 EUR(180 USD) price difference between them (the Scubapro one being more expensive).

Can you please tell me, if you happen to know the tanks, more details about them? I would like to find out if there is any reason to buy one over the other (like better weight/buoyancy, better steel(?), better external protection, better valve, anything else that I am not thinking of).

Since these are new cylinders it is inconceivable that such common specifications are not readily available. Ask the seller to dig a little deeper or take your business elsewhere.

As for evaluating buoyancy characteristics it is the EMPTY BUOYANCY number that you want to watch. Generally you never want it getting above zero since at that point you are adding weight just to hold the cylinder down. Anything down in the negatives will represent additional weight off of your belt. Some steel cylinders, especially those of size can be negative enough to be of concern to some wetsuit divers so keep that in mind.

Pete

See, i knew i would be corrected if i were wrong...which i was ...wrong wrong wrong....sorry to hand out the bum info...

Narced_1

What? Admit you made a mistake?:confused::confused:

That will not be tolerated.:no You must NOT let this happen again. What you are supposed to do( just in case it happens again) is start ranting :krach: about where you found the information, who told you, etc... Please don't confuse us with truths. :no

Seriously, don't worry about it. That's not the first time accidential misinformation has been handed out on here, one of the few acknowledgements that I've seen tho.

sorry sorry sorry...it will never happen again...i must have been stoned or seriously narced....whoa...wrong!?!?!?! what was i thinking?!?!?! whew, thanks for pointing that out...

<whispers to himself> never wrong darn it...never wrong <smacks forehead>

Back
Top Bottom