Trying to dive Mt Storm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tajkd

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I'm looking into diving Mt Storm before our East Coast diving heats up. I understand the temps at Mt Storm are 60 degrees right now. How do you dive it? Is there a shop to go with? Any DM's out there willing to dive one weekend?

Are you talking about Mt. Storm, West Virginia? I've never been there and know little about it, but that's where my brother was certified. You may have more luck posting this in the Mid-Atlantic section.

Mount Storm is a shore dive, you need a dive flag. Parking lot borders the lake, gear up in lot and walk to lake. There are several shops that do their check out dives up there. There are no shops close by. You need to bring all your own gear and air. No place to get fills.

We are planning our first trip of the Season this coming Sunday and would be glad to introduce you to the lake and show you around. It will be cold!

I am guessing the water temp will be low to mid fifties. Air temp susposed to be high of 49 on Sunday.

If you are interested in Diving Storm, let me know, I can probably hook you up with a guide.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom