Trying to close Sharks Cove to commercial operations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I received word about this From Butch Helemano - Head of the Hui Malama O Pupukea Waimea watch group.
I am a member of that group and we monitor the Pupukea MLCD every Saturday from 10-2. They will be set up at Waimea Bay tomorrow...look for the yellow "Makai Watch" T-shirts, I don't know if I will be there or not.

Here's more about the group if anyone is interested.
HUI MALAMA O PUPUKEA – WAIMEA, OAHU
The Hui Malama o Pupukea-Waimea is a group of concerned citizens working to ensure the protection of the Pupukea Marine Life Conservation District on the North Shore of Oahu. The group works to reduce the impacts of tourism, overuse, and poaching on the protected area through on-site education, human use and fish surveys. Their goal is “to replenish and sustain the natural and cultural resources of both the Pupukea and the Waimea ahupua`a for present and future generations through active community stewardship, education, and public and private partnerships”. The group is working toward the creation of a system of sustainable finance mechanisms that will support long term activities, such as ocean ethics module presented to students at Sunset Elementary school.

More volunteers are needed always!!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom