Troy Springs this Sat. 1-3-04

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds like an interesting dive, a friggin nother one I'll have to keep in mine for a future trip - arg!

Troy Springs is very, very clear. It's an inverted cone shaped spring that makes a small horizontal turn at the bottom. Max depth I was able to achieve was 72'. Temperature of the water (May 2004) was 70 degrees F.

You can see all you want to see in one dive. It is, in my opinion, a good location for check out dives because of the clarity, shape and structure.

Very little marine life except for a couple of turtles.

Not to downplay the site as a dive location, but once was enough for me.

Is Troy still closed due to flooding? I was thinking of heading down that way next week and blowing some bubbles, but if that area is still flooded out, I may hang a left on the way and head to Savannah instead.

Maladryne:
Is Troy still closed due to flooding? I was thinking of heading down that way next week and blowing some bubbles, but if that area is still flooded out, I may hang a left on the way and head to Savannah instead.

You bet it is. The whole suwanee is toast for a while.

If it was as bad as Smokeaire said after a little rain, i cant imagine how long it will be to clear out after this deluge has stopped from GA. I cant wait for the springs to really open up again, still havent dove Troy, nor Royal, will do some day when i am in the area.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom