TropiGal Goes to Coco View

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WE have a room booked at CCV for August 2003, but my GF is having reservation as we cant find any information as far aswhere the boat dives will take us.

The concern is to visit as many different sites as possible while there. She doesn't want to be confined to just the front of the resort.

I have been diving for only a year, but she has been at it for 8, so where everything is new to me it is obviously different for her.

Being that you have been there can you expand a bit on the boat dives and where they go to? We were told they do not visit the north side and we are kind of bummed out as we were looking forward to doing spooky channel and hole in the wall (friends have raved about those sites)

I am sold with the idea, I need your help here. Who wants to a shot at this? Thanks in advance.

Oh, by the way we will be doing our AOW, we have been to the Cayman wall, the keys, cozumel and she has done Venezuela and the Red Sea. I say for your reference.

I've been to CCV for the last 6 years so maybe I can answer your questions.

No, you will not be going to Spooky Channel or any of the site on the north side. Most of your dives will be on the south side of the island within 5-30 min of the resort. I can give you a list of the sites if needed. Those are excellent dives as are the vertical walls accessable from shore. If the weather permits, they have an all day boat trip that goes to the west end for 2-3 dives but that's as far as CCV will take their boats.

If you really want to dive the north side, I'm sure the activities director can set it up for you with one of the resorts on that side. I know there have been divers from other resorts dive with us on the boats out of CCV on occasion. Whether you'll have to take a cab, rent a jeep, or someone take or come get you to get there I don't know. I'd have your travel agent find out for sure how to get this done.

I don't think there's any one place to stay on the island that will get you dives all over. You'll have to go from resort to resort to accomplish that.

Thanks Dee

What are the must dive sites on the south side of the island?

I have read all about the prince albert and Mary's Place. I also read what you guys wrote about calvins crack, sounds nice. Any other must hot spots while I am down there?

Some of my favorites are very close to the resort. Iron Shore for one, it's right offshore from Beach house #9. But it's one of the prettiest reefs there. Menajorie has the most fish because the DM's from several resorts have been feeding them there. Gold Chain is also very nice.

The two vertical walls right in front of the resort can keep me occupied all week! Everything we've seen on any of the other sites, from fish, to eels, to sharks, you name any kind of life, you'll find in the 'front yard' between the shoreline, to the Prince Albert, and down either of CCV or Neumann's Wall.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom