Tropics and Pool Wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RVBldr

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm normally doing dry but will be off to the Turks and Caicos in April (74-76 F) in addition to needing something for use in a pool that runs a little cool. I'm thinking a layered system might be a good choice, such as a Lavacore full jumpsuit and a 3mm shorty. Any other suggestions?

If you intend to go in the ocean, forget the shorty. You'll need all the lenght of a full suit to protect you from jelly fish, abrasion and accodental contact with coral.

I would not dive the ocean without a full suit.

If you intend to go in the ocean, forget the shorty. You'll need all the lenght of a full suit to protect you from jelly fish, abrasion and accodental contact with coral.

I would not dive the ocean without a full suit.

I dove in Hawaii and the water was 85F, AKA bath water. I bought a 3mm full suit and wore gloves not to stay warm, but to avoid ripping my skin on the various coral.

Still have it, even though I may only use it once every few years.

don't have direct experience with it but Lavacore seems like the way to go. would be interested in feedback about it. I use hederson 17oz polyolefin dive skin that I have been very happy with but will have to replace it some day. thought of buying another but maybe Lavacore one is way to go.
i am sure dry is better but too much for me given I am purely recreational and occasional diver.
[h=1][/h]

I've thought about the dry option as well, but with pool sessions thrown in, I'm looking at flexibility, that's the rational behind something like Lavacore jumpsuit with a 3mm shorty over it for additional warmth.

Back
Top Bottom