Tropical Storm Grace

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oof! That's where I'm staying, but not for a month yet. That really sucks for everyone staying there now! What would people do in that situation for showering and stuff? Here at home you'd just go to the gym or bug a neighbor, but where would you go in Cozumel to get cleaned up every day?
Jump in the ocean?

People on FB are looking for new accommodations.

It would be nice to see public announcements about closed roads, areas without electricity and water, hotels not available.

It would be nice to see public announcements about closed roads, areas without electricity and water, hotels not available.

You tell some belly busters. Thats funny.

On the bright side, the light are on a Casa de Jefe.

...well actually the lights shouldn't be on as no one is staying there right now, but we do have power and fiber internet.

Wondering if things are almost back to normal in town, eg, Casa Mexicana and the restaurants in town? Are dive operations a go from tomorrow onwards?

Grace has reconstituted into a hurricane and should be a cat 2 when it re-hits the mainland. The mountains should take a lot out of it but the remaining TS should hit the greater Mexico city area tomorrow, which has about 1/3 of Mexico's population (20M+) in it. Hopefully there will not be any major flooding

Wondering if things are almost back to normal in town, eg, Casa Mexicana and the restaurants in town? Are dive operations a go from tomorrow onwards?

Was at marina for a while today. People were evidently out on trips today. I am diving tomorrow. People were drinking at Thirsty Cougar as I drove by. Haven’t been scouring message boards but things mostly back to normal with exception of people down south waiting on power. There might be some pockets in town without power (don’t know ), but places I have been by seem normal.

Sunset now. Calm after the storm

EDIT: View from Le Chef. Lobster bisque and lobster bacon sandwich on the way . Staff friendly as always

upload_2021-8-20_18-56-24.jpeg

My housekeeper reported on things today. We are in El Centro and everything was fine: electricity, water, phone etc. (Power outages seem to be the most reported problem but CFE is pretty good about getting on top of this.) No water in our house (sometimes, depending on the direction, we have had water enter under sliding patio doors or at window sills). A ceramic decoration blew off and broke. Some blown in branches, leaves, and garbage. Outside of that, all is well.

Grace has reconstituted into a hurricane and should be a cat 2 when it re-hits the mainland.
I looked at radar earlier today and she had the entire Bay of Campeche well covered. It's now Cat-2 and expected to land as Cat-3.
The mountains should take a lot out of it but the remaining TS should hit the greater Mexico city area tomorrow, which has about 1/3 of Mexico's population (20M+) in it. Hopefully there will not be any major flooding
Yeah, it's projected to still be a Tropical Storm in that area. Fred never got above TS but still did a lot of flooding all the way into North Carolina. Mexico City was built in a valley lake, wasn't it? I'm sure that they have improved drainage since the Aztecs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom