Triton rebreather or Hollis Prism2. Getting into CCR diving with a recreational diver background.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For a kiss spirit, I believe I have to travel to NC or Florida… I am currently located in NH

I leave for FL on Tuesday for my CCR diving.

I'm in MA, hit me up and let's go diving sometime.

If you are looking at Triton I would have a long hard look at the CM O2ptima as well. I may be biased as an IT on the unit but it can be used with your current configuration and will grow with you. It’s also extremely easy to travel with.

I teach two different units and hold certifications on more than that including the PRISM2. For what you are looking to do it’s for sure worth a look.

Picture because I just did a 2.5 hour dive in Hawaii today with the unit and a single tank and the dolphins showed up about 45-50 minutes into the dive. Due to being on CCR we were able to extend the dive and not miss out on this opportunity. The entire dive was 60-80 feet and was fantastic!
Do you know any instructors that are certified on Choptima near NH? Choptima is really nice for my diving needs but Triton is similar unit and I can find local instructor.

Do you know any instructors that are certified on Choptima near NH? Choptima is really nice for my diving needs but Triton is similar unit and I can find local instructor.

Again, I highly recommend opening up your options. Yes travel is a pain but better that than getting the wrong unit for you.

For a kiss spirit, I believe I have to travel to NC or Florida… I am currently located in NH

Don’t pick the unit based on location of instruction. If you do this you are seriously limiting your options for both unit and quality instruction…

Much depends on choice of algorithm, tuning parameters, assumptions of RMV, gas, etc. It seems pretty standard to use 2 cuft/min stressed RMV, but if you want to use 3 cuft/min, yes you'll be gas limited.

OP, what cylinder are you using? If AL80 at present, you might consider something bigger. Doubles would also be good, but you're treading close to that "technical " line.

Don’t pick the unit based on location of instruction. If you do this you are seriously limiting your options for both unit and quality instruction…

I leave for FL on Tuesday for my CCR diving.

I'm in MA, hit me up and let's go diving sometime.
Are you currently CCR certified or you are going to FL to get trained on Kiss? Cause a CCR dive buddy would be nice!

For training like this, there often is some sort of travel. For all you know, you might not get along with the local CCR instructor.

Much depends on choice of algorithm, tuning parameters, assumptions of RMV, gas, etc. It seems pretty standard to use 2 cuft/min stressed RMV, but if you want to use 3 cuft/min, yes you'll be gas limited.

OP, what cylinder are you using? If AL80 at present, you might consider something bigger. Doubles would also be good, but you're treading close to that "technical " line.

I use .8 sac for gas planning. Run .8 at 130 and you will be gas limited if using 28 percent nitrox.

Are you currently CCR certified or you are going to FL to get trained on Kiss? Cause a CCR dive buddy would be nice!

I actually went for the revo, I'm going down for the certification class.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom