Triple-L Laguna Dive Bag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

xSandman3

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I just received my Triple-L Laguna bag. This was ordered from the Triple-L website after I saw one in a LDS. I immediately threw all my dive stuff in it, including:

7mm wetsuit
Balance BC
5mm Hooded vest
boots
gloves
mask
snorkel
fins
light
assorted little stuff
Regs and computer in the detachable small bag

Pretty sure I could fit a few more things in there as well, as this bag is huge. The detachable small bag is really cool. It attaches to the front of the large bag with velcro and clips, but comes off and folds in half to become a carry-on for regs, mask, etc. The large bag has wheels and a pretty sturdy handle. I didn't put weights in it, but for short distances it would probably handle them just fine.

The best thing about this bag is the price. It was listed at $179 in the LDS, but you can buy it direct from Triple-L for $66. For that amount, I don't think you'll find a better built or more usable bag for all your gear.

Check them out at store.triple-l.biz

I just bought one of these as well. Great bag... Highly recommend it to anyone looking for checked luggage that will hold it all. And at that price - it's a no brainer.

Does it have back straps? I can't wheel it to all the places I get to.

Michael

I "received" mine a few weeks ago, but didn't open it until Father's Day. It looks great, but I haven't tried to pack it up yet. Nice to see that all my stuff ought to fit. I got the bag when the two hoods and the reg bag that I ordered still didn't meet the $35 minimum order on Triple-L's site!! My wife knew that I had mentioned that my mesh bag was a bit too small for the 2-tank boat dives that I did on vacation and so she said "Do they have a bag like that? I could get it for you for Father's Day." You can't pass that up! :wink:

-Rob

xSandman3:
I just received my Triple-L Laguna bag. This was ordered from the Triple-L website after I saw one in a LDS. I immediately threw all my dive stuff in it, including:

7mm wetsuit
Balance BC
5mm Hooded vest
boots
gloves
mask
snorkel
fins
light
assorted little stuff
Regs and computer in the detachable small bag

No, there are not back straps. This bag is meant more as a solid piece of checked luggage for all your gear. The detachable bag(s) to take your comp/regs as carry-on is useful too! But if you're looking for a bag with back straps, Triple-L does make them, I just don't think they make one with both back straps and wheels.

does anyone know if this bak will fit 2 pairs of fins?

I'm not sure. If you mean in the side fin pockets, I'll have to try putting both into one pocket tonight. I believe that I could have put a 2nd pair of fins inside the bag when otherwise fully packed with my kit. (7mmFJ/J, ZeagleRanger, booties, gloves, hoods, UK C-8, UK Q-40, and four hangers)

-Rob

Edit: OK, so I completely forgot to try this. When I pack for my trip, I definitely will so if I haven't responded by 9/8/04, PM a reminder!

thanks, reason i'm asking is i'm thinking of getting one of these bags, and i want to know if i will be able to fit my girlfriends fins and mask in there at the same time as my complete set of gear (bcd, fins, mask,dive light...)she'll be renting her bcd and other stuff when we get there..

How good does this bag keep from leaking? If I put wet gear in there do I end up with a wet bag also?

thanks Rab, that'll still be loads of time for me to order one if it works..anyone know how long it takes to get omne straight from the factory?

Back
Top Bottom