Trip to the Keys starting Friday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Katch

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Driving from Washington DC on Thursday with all my gear and a kayak. Spending Friday/Saturday in Key Largo. Sunday/Monday nights at Looe Key Dive Resort. Tuesday through Sunday in Key West.

Questions:

Looking to dive the Thunderbolt (near Marathon) while in the area on Sun, Mon, or Tues. Are there any dive ops that regularly dive there? I'll be solo, so I won't be able to charter an entire boat.

I would also be interested in a night dive on Saturday (or maybe Friday) in Key Largo. Are there any dive ops that normally schedule night dives? I'm staying at Marina Del Mar, so I'll be right around a bunch of dive shops.

If anyone else will be in the area, and wants to meet up - send me a pm and I'll send my cell number.

:cheers:
Steve

Checking DiveRadar Dive Search for the shops in the area that use our scheduling software, Scubaocity, I've found that Horizon Divers is doing a night dive on Saturday night the 7th. Give them a call to ensure they are still going.

Don't have any shops right yet in Marathon using our software, but we're working on getting some signed up.

Good Diving,

For the Thunderbolt try Tilden's in Marathon. Daily reef trips to Sombrero Reef and other great diving spots with Tilden's Scuba Dive Center, a full service dive shop with great customer service, Marathon, Fl

Rainbow Reef does Thursday and Saturday night dives. They are located very close to Marina Del Mar. Dive Key Largo, Florida Keys with Rainbow Reef Dive Center;scuba diving:diving, Florida keys, florida diving

Enjoy your time in the Keys!

David

I have nothing but great things to say about all three shops mentioned above. I got my AOW with Rainbow a couple years ago, and I dove with Horizon last year (very cool that they can store gear overnight).

I once got blown out from bad weather in Key West during my last day of a trip. Started driving north (well...east really) and calling dive shops along the route thanks to Pete's handy Keys dive shop sticky. When Tildon's said they were going out, my GPS had me cutting it close to departure time. I kept Tildon's updated as I was approaching, and they waited up the 5-10 minutes I was running late. I will happily dive with them again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom