Trip to Palau from Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Camiguin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Next year, I will be coming over to the Philippines for 2 months. I would like to use the opportunity to take a short side trip (+/- 1 week) to Palau, which has been on my wish-list since long. It could set it up from here (Belgium), but I remember seeing a lot of advertisements in Manila (e.g. Travel agents around Ermita) before for packages to Palau. Has anyone looked into this before whether these offer better value for money than what could be arranged by yourself ?

Also, I would like to know whether there are any budget-friendly flights from the Philippines to Palau. I remember that Asian Spirit used to have flights but I believe that they already stopped this connection.

Also, if anyone has some good recommendations for Palau, I would be happy to hear them. I know that this question is maybe not in the right forum, but given the fact that most visitors to Palau pass through the Philippines, I hope that some of you have some first hand experience.

Thanks in advance

Kris

Hi Kris,
There's a new airline, Pacific Flier that is commencing flights from Clark to Koror on September 21, 2010. I am attaching the link. PacificFlier

Apo Reef Club, (Mindoro) has put together a Dive trip from Clark to Pulau for US$750. See details below.

September 25 – 28 (Saturday to Tuesday), 2 full diving days (6 dives or optional 5 dives and Jelly fish lake)
Inclusive of the following:
...Flight Clark – Koror – Clark
Airport roundtrip
Hotel accommodation for 3 nights
Breakfast
6 Dives (packed lunch included) with Sam’s tours

Hey Kris,

I know a guy here in the Philippines who arranges regular trips over to Palau. Drop me a PM with your email address and I'll put you in touch with him.

Cheers, Andy

Mmm, it sounds like the Pacific Flier airbus is here in Europe:

Last month it was spotted in Lisbon:

Aviation Professionals dot Org: Pacific Flyer CS-TEI Spotted in Lisbon on 16th AUgust 2010

It seems that right now, the Pacific Flier Airbus is grounded on the Brussels Airport, 30 minutes away from my place:

Pacific Flier has stopped flying to Palau - Lonely Planet travel forum

I read in some other places that they are having massive debt in the Philippines.

It doesn't sound all too promising right now :-(

Hi Kris,

Any update on your situation? My wife and I are currently backpacking thru India, and we are then going to the Philippines next month for approx one month, along with a one week+/- trip thru Palau. We're most likely doing a LOB in the Philippines, but would like to do some diving/island stuff while in Palau.

Hi Kris,

Any update on your situation? My wife and I are currently backpacking thru India, and we are then going to the Philippines next month for approx one month, along with a one week+/- trip thru Palau. We're most likely doing a LOB in the Philippines, but would like to do some diving/island stuff while in Palau.
Most of the interesting dive sites are MILES away from Koror!!!!
I did a land based trip on my first ever visit to Palau and promised myself "never again". Stayed with Big Blue(Expedition Fleet) on my subsequent visit.
Bring green back and lots of it.
Sam tours and Fish & Fins are highly regarded operators.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom