Trip to Hawaii

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When we got OW certified on Maui we spent the morning doing confined drills in a protected cove, then met the boat for 2 afternoon dives, finishing the next afternoon on another charter doing 2 more dives. Never a panicky moment for us or the other 4 in our class.

I think it simply depends on the person and their water comfort and experience.

Thanks for all the replies - I'm the guy Lamnid was asking for. In the end we went with Maui Dreams and we'd give them a massive thumbs up, couldn't say enough nice things about them.

Congrats and glad to hear you had a good time.
Welcome to our world! You can now experience the best part of the planet! Mainly cause you don't have to listen to any BS underwater...just your bubbles and the sounds of the ocean!

scubadrewvideo:
Mainly cause you don't have to listen to any BS underwater...just your bubbles and the sounds of the ocean!

Which reminds me - I didn't expect the whales to be so loud!

aureole:
Which reminds me - I didn't expect the whales to be so loud!
If they are close enough, you feel the song more than hear it. The sound waves are loud enough to pass through your body just like the water.
Were you lucky enough to experience that or just the soothing songs?

Yeah, the first time you feel the song is amazing.....okay, everytime you hear OR feel the songs is amazing!! <LOL>

Glad to hear you had such a great experience.

aureole:
Thanks for all the replies - I'm the guy Lamnid was asking for. In the end we went with Maui Dreams and we'd give them a massive thumbs up, couldn't say enough nice things about them.

I have noticed Kris always gives good advice. Glad it was so positive!

they didn't snorkel first.

I agree with that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom