Trip Review - Blue Angel Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gkrane

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We just got back from a 10 night trip at the Blue Angel. It was our first trip to Cozumel and definitely will not be our last. The diving was incredible!! There were five of us in our group so 7 out of the 8 dive days we were put on our own boat with Tony our divemaster. Tony was so incredibly helpful and full of knowledge about all of the sites. He really took time to help out my oldest son who has not dived in a few years to get him right back on track, and my youngest son Cooper just loved him. If you stay at BA I highly recommend Tony as a DM. All of our dive sites were different each day with the exception of one day when we chose to repeat a couple that were family favorites. We saw spotted eagle rays on multiple occasions, nurse sharks, so many turtles, and quite a few toadfish and nudis. The amount of fish and the health of the reefs was spectacular. The weather was good for the most part and the visibility was excellent. The dive shop manager Ramon was incredible at meeting our needs and making sure everthing went off without a hitch. Anything we needed he made it happen. The rooms are comfortable but not luxury by any standards. We were not looking for anything more than a clean comfortable room to sleep in so no surprises there. The shore diving was very fun, no reefs to speak of but some coral heads and different structure which provided great dives with many fish and critters. During the night dives from shore we saw octopus quite often, many rays, and eels galore. When we did eat at the resort the food was excellent. All in all it is a nice quiet place that is first and foremost a dive resort but not too far of a walk to town in you want night life. Next time I go to Coz it will definitely be a repeat trip to the Blue Angel.

Last edited:
Just put up some photos. I am just getting started in UW photography. One big mistake I made was not realizing the whole trip that my f stop was at 2.0 when I think it should have been at 5.6 -8. I think this would have made a big difference in the end results.

Shutterfly

Last edited:
Tony is a friend; nice to know you had great times together.

Nice pix! Thanks for sharing...two more weeks:)...that submarine came upon us at that wreck the last time we dove CZM.

Nice pix! Thanks for sharing...two more weeks:)...that submarine came upon us at that wreck the last time we dove CZM.
I'm sure you will have a great time. I heard the submarine coming from a ways off but didn't know what it was. When I turned around and saw people waving through the portholes it was pretty funny.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom