Trip Report: Maui diving with Doug from Shaka Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mr. Schnitzer

Registered
Reaction score
Just back from the honeymoon and had to give a big thanks to Doug from Shaka Divers in Maui. We did some shore dives with him and boy was it great! He was very flexible about the dive plans, time to begin each day and very knowledgable. We saw so many turtles, more non-garden eels then I have ever seen in all my dives and snorkling put together!

On the dive we did off Ulua beach we saw 7 different types of eels, and multiples of some of them. It was amazing to get caught up in that enormous school of Tangs, a magical feeling over came us.

Makena Landing gave Cristina and I our first dive sighting of an octopus (Taco, right Mike?) which was a highlight! We also ventured into a small cave with an air pocket, very neat!

Thanks Doug for all the memories (including the Scuba Bus' bubbles!!!), you really helped make our honeymoon special!

Regards,
Brent & Cristina

ps Pictures coming once we get settled in at home

I'd like to see those photos too.

I haven't dove with Doug but I've talked with him and seen him diving with customers all over Maui. I can honestly say that I think he has the right idea. Diving is supposed to be fun, Doug is fun. It seems like he leaves a lot of smiles behind.

Thanks Guys! (Blush)

It was great to meet you (Al, Jill, Brent and Cristina) when you were here. I'll look forward to your next visit!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom