Trip Report - Jupiter Dive Center

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There will be another trip with waterbearer (Kristy) and her new girls' dive club. I will let all the Florida divers know. The guys are welcome too.

I was there Monday and had a good time. It was great to meet you Kristy... your outfit was HOT!!!!

I buddied up with Phil and Jrock. Saw some cool stuff...turtle, morays, LOTS of schools of fish, and my favorite ....trunk and cows! Who couldn't love a fish scurrying around with a pucker on its mouth????

I loved JDC. Phil and I were the last up and the 2 DMs stayed with us at the end. We honestly didn't need them as we are good buddies and take care of each other. But, it is always nice to have someone looking out for you. The Captain was right on with his driving skills/picking us up. Took me a bit to get the hang of leaving my fins on but, you learn every dive right?

I had to bail in the first 10 min of the 2nd dive because I couldn't equalize my left ear at all. So, I came back and was very seasick. Mind you....I don't care if I am sick. Not a long term bother and I'm just happy to be on the water. The reason I bring it up is, I never got better. At lunch, I was feeling a cold/flu coming on and it has turned into a bronchial/flu that is still here. I spent the rest of vacation in my friends guest room making them go to the beach without me. So, tomorrow, I go to the Dr.
It really isn't the worst thing in the world as my roommate is tolerating my whiney butt quite well with a lot of Chicken soup.

Anyhoo, I'd definately dive with JDC again.

Thanks for the compliment! I thought everyone would get a little kick out of that. I bet the fish had never seen a diver like that. And, nothing got ruined, amazingly. My fishnets even stayed intact.

Seasick, yeah, we've all been through it. The worst is when it happens to me in front of students. Luckily, we just happened to be on the same boat after I had certified them and I reheated a hamburger for a quick lunch beforehand. Bad idea, don't eat reheated burgers. I hurled five times. So I think it might have been the burger and not the seas. Either way, pretty sad when I had to sit the second dive out to lay over the gunnel of the boat.

As for diving with JDC again, you have no choice :D , one of our first girls' trips will be with them!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom