Trip Report JB/Twin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Teknadv3x:
Hey Guys seen your names on the schedule at Dive Outpost. Just got back last night.
Was there for 3 days of fun diving. My tab for nitrox cave fills and lodging was 144.00 man you talk about a bargain. When you get there buy some maps of Peacock, Lil river and Cow spring if you do not have them already from Cathy. Makes things less stressfull and great for planning. I was talking with 2 guys that just finished up full cave with Mike Oleary. Spoke real highly of him. They mentioned a tune up dive on skills at cow spring and then did the rest of the qualifying dives at Peacock. They said they did a final long *****-swim drill , lights out / share air in the cisteen tunnel back to the main line and then quite a ways. Hope that gives you some heads up.

Well that's only 2000'... that's nothing :)

How are the conditions out there?

FIXXERVI6:
what, no dive reports? :D

Peacock 1:Vis was good but not windex . Water level was up 5 stairs easy entrance & exit.

Little River: Tannic in basin. Moderate flow, Windex in cavern and back to the Florida room.

Monday: Note; Houston fills on both dives
Dive 1: entered P1 went up Olson mainline turned just past hole in wall & keyhole
Dive 2: entered P1 went up Olson mainline at crossover tunnel turned

Tues:
Dive 1: entered P1 went up Olson mainline trafersed to Olson sink.
Dive 2: entered P1 went up Olson mainline jumped to Nicholson tunnel then did 2nd
jump to cisteen line turned about halfway to Cisteen

Wed:
Dive 1: Little River, Pulled off dive past the 2nd T turned just short of Florida Room
Dive 2: entered P1 went up Olson mainline jumped to Cisteen line turned short of
Cisteen

Note: pulled off the last 4 dives with 28-30% nitrox, noticable difference

Thursday drove home 14hrs

Teknadv3x:
They mentioned a tune up dive on skills at cow spring and then did the rest of the qualifying dives at Peacock. They said they did a final long *****-swim drill , lights out / share air in the cisteen tunnel back to the main line and then quite a ways. Hope that gives you some heads up.
I met some fellas two weekends ago that were taking full cave with Mike O'leary. We ran into them right around the nicholson tunnel jump (Coming from P1). They were coming back from the cisteen tunnel doing an OOA/lights out exit. I was listening to some of his surface debriefings. I also spoke to him for a few after the dive. From what I saw he is definately a great instructor.

Matt

Just got back and I'm beat so therefore lack of detail, but we all made it to NSS-CDS Full cave certs

FIXXERVI6:
Just got back and I'm beat so therefore lack of detail, but we all made it to NSS-CDS Full cave certs

CONGRATS!!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom