Trip Report JB/Twin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My thought of whats coming in my mind I picture it not so much as attempting the impossible, as more brutaly exhausting, while I could be wrong, thats what I have pictured in my mind.

loosebits:
I was a little nervous about the training but now I feel much better.

LOL

Dave,
I used to run NAUI ITC's (Instructor Training Course.)
Are you saying that it is as brutal as that?

Tasks you can't accomplish-
People disappearing-
Tank valves that roll off-
People that panic-
Things that amaze the mind on how they do happen?

Sounds like fun! Hehehehe :D
Later, Andrew

Teknadv3x:
No problem, I understand about the road trips.
For whatever it is worth, this upcoming training will be the toughest you have ever had in all your dive training bar none. So please do not underestimate what you guys are about to go thru. However when it is all over, the sense of accomplishment for what you have just endured & finished will be on the grandest scale.
Dave

Crazyduck:
Dave,
I used to run NAUI ITC's (Instructor Training Course.)
Are you saying that it is as brutal as that?

Tasks you can't accomplish-
People disappearing-
Tank valves that roll off-
People that panic-
Things that amaze the mind on how they do happen?

Sounds like fun! Hehehehe :D
Later, Andrew

Didn't realize you were an instructor trainer... color me impressed. Now if we could just get you to take full cave :D

loosebits:
I was a little nervous about the training but now I feel much better.

Hey I will be interested to hear how the training goes,,,,you will enjoy it I am sure. With your follow-up please include some pixs if possible,,,I am not into photography above or below, but I hope you get some snaps. I am finishing up details for my Aug. in Mn. at Lake Superior to complete a 5 day Advanced Wreck course,,,you can be assured there will be no camera in this divers hands, alot of task-loading as it is in that program. Then onto Entry Trimix. Best of luck caving!!

I won't be bringing back pictures from the class, or at least not UW pics, and after I complete my class I do not plan on taking a camera with me on dives with jumps, running down a mainline with a camera under me is one thing, a few jumps in, I'll leave those photo's to the guys with more expeirence than myself, but someday I plan on running full video through holes, but not anytime soon.

FIXXERVI6:
I won't be bringing back pictures from the class, or at least not UW pics, and after I complete my class I do not plan on taking a camera with me on dives with jumps, running down a mainline with a camera under me is one thing, a few jumps in, I'll leave those photo's to the guys with more expeirence than myself, but someday I plan on running full video through holes, but not anytime soon.

My thoughts exactly, I fully understand the task ahead in terms of concentration just in mastering the basics that will confront you in your full cave practicals,,,my refernce to pics was those of others that may provide a glimps of your dives. Video is cool, but it will come later as you gain the experc..

Thanks for the nice comments dude.

Apprentice and Full Cave will happen in time, it may take longer than I want but it will happen. This is something that I really want to do, just a matter of aligning the stars against my backup lights. :D

My best to you guys. Rest up, have fun and enjoy the ride.

Andrew

loosebits:
Didn't realize you were an instructor trainer... color me impressed. Now if we could just get you to take full cave :D

FIXXERVI6:

Hey Guys seen your names on the schedule at Dive Outpost. Just got back last night.
Was there for 3 days of fun diving. My tab for nitrox cave fills and lodging was 144.00 man you talk about a bargain. When you get there buy some maps of Peacock, Lil river and Cow spring if you do not have them already from Cathy. Makes things less stressfull and great for planning. I was talking with 2 guys that just finished up full cave with Mike Oleary. Spoke real highly of him. They mentioned a tune up dive on skills at cow spring and then did the rest of the qualifying dives at Peacock. They said they did a final long *****-swim drill , lights out / share air in the cisteen tunnel back to the main line and then quite a ways. Hope that gives you some heads up.

Remember; DETAILED dive planning and dive brieifing, Gas on & S-drills, super cave & team awareness ( stay in tight formation) , and detailed post dive Critique.
Carry that back up saftey spool in your DS pocket for that lost off the line drill or LOst buddy drill

Parting note: It is not how far or how fast, it is about being proficient and safe.

Dave

Teknadv3x:
Hey Guys seen your names on the schedule at Dive Outpost. Just got back last night.
Was there for 3 days of fun diving. My tab for nitrox cave fills and lodging was 144.00 man you talk about a bargain. When you get there buy some maps of Peacock, Lil river and Cow spring if you do not have them already from Cathy. Makes things less stressfull and great for planning. I was talking with 2 guys that just finished up full cave with Mike Oleary. Spoke real highly of him. They mentioned a tune up dive on skills at cow spring and then did the rest of the qualifying dives at Peacock. They said they did a final long *****-swim drill , lights out / share air in the cisteen tunnel back to the main line and then quite a ways. Hope that gives you some heads up.

Remember; DETAILED dive planning and dive brieifing, Gas on & S-drills, super cave & team awareness ( stay in tight formation) , and detailed post dive Critique.
Carry that back up saftey spool in your DS pocket for that lost off the line drill or LOst buddy drill

Parting note: It is not how far or how fast, it is about being proficient and safe.

Dave

wow thats some swimmin, but I guess if it were to really hit the fan back up in there, you gotta know if you can do it so I'm totally cool with that while not 100% looking forward to doing it :)

thanks for the heads up!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom