Trip Report JB/Twin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Love the turtles, the blade on my avanti's is too narrow and a little too flexible. I like the board feel, especially in a drysuit with doubles.

Oh, as far as getting your feet out of them, drill a couple of holes in the bottom of the foot pocket so water (or air) can flow in when you pull your foot out.

FIXXERVI6:
when we arrived at the site there were a large number of divers there, none of which had paid/signed in but that’s another story, geared up and hit the water.

Ok I am curious, Pm me if need be.

Dave

There were 4 other divers signed in other than the 3 of us, we show up, the place is packed, and a boat tied off to the fence so some people came in that way as well and guess who else was there, one of the cops, not enforcing, and was there with some of his family, its BS, we paid 75 to get in, everyone else got in for free (excpet for a couple honost folk) and the people that should be laying the smack down are there breaking the rules as well, hell that afternoon the cop'r was in full uniform too, so why should the rest of us have to pay and then put up with access problems such as no rest rooms when everyone else can break the rules...

FIXXERVI6:
There were 4 other divers signed in other than the 3 of us, we show up, the place is packed, and a boat tied off to the fence so some people came in that way as well and guess who else was there, one of the cops, not enforcing, and was there with some of his family, its BS, we paid 75 to get in, everyone else got in for free (excpet for a couple honost folk) and the people that should be laying the smack down are there breaking the rules as well, hell that afternoon the cop'r was in full uniform too, so why should the rest of us have to pay and then put up with access problems such as no rest rooms when everyone else can break the rules...

Run your story on the Cave forum and see what the local crews think.
What I do not like, they do not unlock the restrooms during winter hours.
Sounds like your new lights payed off. Like one of my Mentors said, your lights are your
eyes.

Safe diving
Dave

loosebits:
Love the turtles, the blade on my avanti's is too narrow and a little too flexible. I like the board feel, especially in a drysuit with doubles.

Oh, as far as getting your feet out of them, drill a couple of holes in the bottom of the foot pocket so water (or air) can flow in when you pull your foot out.

I Know you guys are heading back in a few weeks to finish up full cave. We got a training cave course set up. 3600' round trip with 5 jumps. Its great for practicing setting up stages , team awareness ect,ect. If your crew is interested in making the drive to Houston..I will help hook you up...Helped us out in getting dialed in as a crew. If interested email me
I will send a map of the course. TeknaDv3x@yahoo.com If you decline, no problem I understand about long *** drives.

Dave

I think we ought to keep this quiet. I've heard there's a possibility that the JB sheriff's office might browse the boards and since access to that site is always being reconsidered, I'd like not to give those who want it closed down any reason to do so. The people doing the sneak dives know that they are violating the rules and I doubt calling them on it on a public forum will cause them to change their behaviour.

What's this course you are talking about? Is this a lake down there? Houston isn't that far a drive considering some of the other sites we drive to.

I semi agree but I'm not complaining about the sneak dive, I'm complaining about the cop being there with his family breaking the rules himself and not enforcing it on himself and the other 70% of the people there not goign by them.

Teknadv3x:
I Know you guys are heading back in a few weeks to finish up full cave. We got a training cave course set up. 3600' round trip with 5 jumps. Its great for practicing setting up stages , team awareness ect,ect. If your crew is interested in making the drive to Houston..I will help hook you up...Helped us out in getting dialed in as a crew. If interested email me
I will send a map of the course. TeknaDv3x@yahoo.com If you decline, no problem I understand about long *** drives.

Dave

Thanks for the offer, but we are so close to D day that I'm not sure I wanna pull another road trip with FL two times so close together

FIXXERVI6:
Thanks for the offer, but we are so close to D day that I'm not sure I wanna pull another road trip with FL two times so close together

No problem, I understand about the road trips.

For whatever it is worth, this upcoming training will be the toughest you have ever had in all your dive training bar none. So please do not underestimate what you guys are about to go thru. However when it is all over, the sense of accomplishment for what you have just endured & finished will be on the grandest scale.

Dave

Teknadv3x:
No problem, I understand about the road trips.

For whatever it is worth, this upcoming training will be the toughest you have ever had in all your dive training bar none. So please do not underestimate what you guys are about to go thru. However when it is all over, the sense of accomplishment for what you have just endured & finished will be on the grandest scale.

Dave

I was a little nervous about the training but now I feel much better.

Back
Top Bottom