Trip Report -- DIR Fundamentals -- August 9-11 -- Boston, MA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

large_diver once bubbled...
If they were truly treating me different as a supposed "non-combatant", I feel kind of shortchanged.......;-)
You're the one who blubbered, "my ST and LT diving goals are all recreational" and I'll bet you did that just to keep the heat off a little if you really looked deep into the bottom of your heart :wink:

We told them we wanted to get ready for the whole tech series so they beat the snot outta us...

Short changed? Sheesh... I wish I had been as smart as you!

Please hook up with New England Lobsta Divahs for a trip, would love to pick your brain about this in person! By the way, how much did the course cost and is it offered often?

One of these days I'll get together with you guys...I promise.

Course was $300. This was the first time it has ever been offered in Boston. Not sure about CT, although it has been taught several times in the greater NYC area. The main issue with GUE is that they do not have many instructors. The instructors for our class came from CA, Seattle and Kingston, ON, Canada. There are some local guys here who are trying to become instructors, but until this happens, DIRF course are going to be infrequent around here.

large_diver once bubbled...
One of these days I'll get together with you guys...I promise.

Course was $300. This was the first time it has ever been offered in Boston. Not sure about CT, although it has been taught several times in the greater NYC area. The main issue with GUE is that they do not have many instructors. The instructors for our class came from CA, Seattle and Kingston, ON, Canada. There are some local guys here who are trying to become instructors, but until this happens, DIRF course are going to be infrequent around here.

We don't have DIRF instructors in the Detroit/NW OH area (yet!), but they had classes here three times this year (March, July, Sept).

Make lot's of noise and generate lot's of interest... they'll come back!! Sometimes ya gotta create your own parade!

cwb once bubbled...

We don't have DIRF instructors in the Detroit/NW OH area (yet!), but they had classes here three times this year (March, July, Sept).

Make lot's of noise and generate lot's of interest... they'll come back!! Sometimes ya gotta create your own parade!

We will (assuming everything goes smoothly) in a couple of months! One, and possibly another by springtime.

Very nice report. Glad to read something so informative about the class. Looking forward to it myslef. Hope to do it this summer after my advanced nitrox and wreck classes. Would like to have done it before my Cavern and Cave Intro classes but they are already scheduled for late Feb.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom