Trip Report: Cobalt Coast Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As a resident on Cayman, I'd have to say I'd disagree with the "expensive" tone of this post. 1. You really must rent a car. 2. We have plentiful shore diving!! If you have your own equipment then a tank rental is 10ci MAX! If you make a trip to the grocery store, then you'd see that everything in Cayman is expensive, but you seemed to have found some great restaurants on the cheap, Cobalt Coast being one of them. Shame about the accommodations. Try Sunset House next time for great diving and grand shore diving. Its located much closer to everything - social and otherwise- and the locals frequent the bar there. Plus, being away from the Point, it hardly ever closes shore diving.

I had to jump in here and add my two cents on costs. You can do GC on a modest budget. I was just going through our expenses for last week and here's what I have:
1 week , 1 bedroom condo on beach at Morritt's: $851.50 including all taxes and electricity.
Groceries for the week: (3 people) $280.00
rental car: (mid-size at Economy). $265.00
beer: (not including bar/restaurant): $85.00
gasoline: $64.00
Boat dives: $235.00 (2 trips) per diver
Shore dives: (5 nitrox, 2 air) $108.00) per diver
2 dinners/ 1 lunch out: $70.00 each
or about $930.00 per person for everything!

We didn't skimp on our meals and had world class diving.

I'll be back!

Good diving,

Captain Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom