Trip Report: Anacapa/Santa Cruz Island - Nov 7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was 60F down south, easy diving and beautiful - think they'd try again :D? I heard Catalina can get up to 72F. And then there is alway road trippin' to Baja :D!

Next time we have crazy swell, lets talk :D.

I'm hoping for good conditions that weekend, so they can have a good experience. My daughter tried to dive in Monterey twice and had rental gear issues both times, so she gave up. Then I convinced them to dive in Puerto Vallarta last year. The first dive site had horrible conditions with only 5-8ft vis and we didn't see much of anything but a couple skates and rocks, so they decided to sit out the 2nd dive. The next one was an amazing dive, with lots of life and great vis. :idk: Getting certified in Hawaii spoiled them, but I think they'd really liked diving in Catalina sometime...I know I do. :D

Just saw this thread.

Kathy, it was great meeting you on Saturday. Hope you can come down again soon. If you decide not to head to warm water for New Year's, maybe we'll see you in Monterey.

<snip>I didn’t take pictures, so if anyone did - it would be cool if you could post a link or a few shots here. One of these days soon I’ll have to get a decent underwater camera.

Here are a few. I only did two dives, as my suit zipper finally failed on dive two.

These were from dive one at the Pelican Reserve. We dropped in and scootered north to where the sand begins to drop off and we saw this guy at about 60-some feet. We followed him around for about 5 or 6 minutes as he moved to about 103, then we abandoned the chase.

Full report here and additional pics here: Spectre Magic

Enjoy.

---
Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom