Trip in April '02

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WolfEl

Registered
Reaction score
Hi...I'm planing a trip to Cozumel in April '02. At this point I'm staying at the
Costa Club (Used to be Fiesta Inn) and using the dive services of Dive
Paradise. I'll be with a group from my LDS from 4/13 to 4/20. At this point we could
change things if need be, but we do have a good package lined up. Anybody
Have any good info on the hotel or dive service?:D

Hi WolfEl,

You should be pleased with the Costa Club overall, but IMHO the food is not very good & too expensive for what you get. Luckily, you can walk toward town & find some good spots to eat. Beds are a bit hard, but then they are nearly everywhere in Coz.

Dive Paradise is a very old & very large op, and you must know how to use it to get the most out of it. Most importantly, get yourself into their EDP (Experienced Diver Program) as soon as possible. It costs a bit more, but assures you of a six pack & a group of more experienced divers. DP's regular boats take a mixed bag of divers, which can limit diver freedom, and they can get crowded. Also, make sure to reconfirm any arrangements with them on a daily basis.

Have a great trip.

Happy holidays.

DocVikingo

Thanks for the info! Our food and diving are part of the package we
are dealing with them for. We are scheduled for 2 tanks dives in the
AM and one in the Afternoon. Normally I like a firm mattress, is this
what you mean? My LDS is making all the arrangements, but I'm
feeding them data I get here to help in their negotiations. I hope the
food is better then you indicate...I love to eaT:D

As always, Doc gave you an excellent evaluation. The Costa Club offers good value for your $. Just don't expect gourmet dining. You'll want to explore some of the oter places anyway. When he said the beds are hard he means HARD! All the beds in COZ are poured at the same concrete plant.

Great place. Very easy to become addicted.

You defintely don't want to eat all your meals at Costa Club. It's acceptable but I'd hate to have it all day, every day. Besides, there are some great restaraunts in town that are very reasonably priced. Check out some of our favorites...
LaChoza
La Perillo
Poncho's Backyard...Yes, it's literally his backyard!
Santiago's
Prima Pasta if you're feeling rich
Ernesto's...the southern location moved across the street. The food is still good but the service and ambiance really went downhill with the move.

The beds are way past firm, they are like sleeping on the floor, honest! The best beds we've found have been at LaCeiba and is just one of the many reasons we've stayed there time after time.

Have a great trip!

If you don't have a bad back, YOU WILL!

PS.........Dee, you forgot The French Quarter

If we're making additions to the upscale restaurant list, then La Cocay, La Mission (new location) & La Veranda simply cannot be omitted. On the budget list, one must mention Las Palmas (not La Palmera), Mi Cubeleta & Pollo, Pollo.

Buen provecho.

DocVikingo

PS.........Dee, you forgot The French Quarter [/B]

I was thinking of it but couldn't think of the name! There's no way to list all the great places to eat, especially all the little places that I'm not even sure have names! There's one guy with a cart that has the best food...I always find him on the Plaza.

Thanks for the heads up...looks like I'll find out how hard the beds
are. We're comitted to the Costa Club and Paradise Divers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom