Trip Ideas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hike

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am looking for suggestions for a trip for the first week of October. I am based in China, close to Hong Kong, so anywhere in Asia (or even Australia or Fiji) is possible. I am looking for somewhere with deep blue waters, great visibility and large pelagics. I am not so interested in Macro. I was considering Bali/Lombok, Komodo, Fiji, Christmas Island, or Puerto Galera. I have already been to Sipadan and Thailand this year and heading to Malapascua in a couple months, so these should be ruled out. I am really looking for somewhere similar to Sipadan (i know there are only so many places in the world like this). Budget is pretty open, but liveaboard is really not an option as I will be traveling with my wife and she is not a fan of the idea of being on a boat for an extended period of time.

First week of Oct(long holiday in China)!
Mola mola in Bali.
Somewhere similar to Sipadan? Tubataha in Philippines(liveaboard from mid Mar to mid June only).

Check out Nakia Resort on the island of Taveuni, Fiji. Great resort and incredible diving.

Well, forget Puerto Galera. The only things I've ever seen there of any size are the bar girls, and they're generally not in the water. Some of the nudibranch are fairly big though [for nudibranch]. To me, it's mostly macro there.

As for Lombok, I've never been, nor have I ever heard enough good to motivate me.

My understanding is that Komodo is best served by liveaboards.

I would be inclined to suggest Fiji, or perhaps the Solomons or Vanuatu.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom