Easy to reach Pacific reef destinations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cost of the liveaboard doesn't really determine how likely they are to get into trouble and sink. look at vortex and the siren fleet. siren fleet might be cursed by their name.
But the LOB in Phuket has rich history of sinking.

I am looking for some ideas for destinations coming from Ohio in the USA. I want to get away from the Caribbean and see some nice reefs. Raja Ampat is probably my first choice, but cost is an issue and travel time is an even bigger issue. Tubbataha and Fiji are almost as nice, almost as expensive and almost as far. Hawaii and Socorro get me out of the Caribbean but aren't really reef destinations. Egypt is spectacular, but borders 2 countries at war and I've been there and would rather go somewhere new. Any suggestions?
Same problem, but southern Ohio. I have been researching and salivating at all pacific destinations for years but haven't pulled the trigger because of a combination of PTO limits, $$$, and being overwhelmed by the planning. I also usually choose mid-winter to escape Ohio, which further limits my options lol. Have you decided on anything yet?

Homestay at Raja Ampat.

@carono6333
There is a epic 10 wks trip report with 9 different operators by this gentleman back in Feb this yr.

Another option is Manado, three places, in Northern Sulawesi. Fights are through Singapore and no Indonesian airline is involved.

In Philippines, the easier option is Anilao + Puerto Galera. Several cities in USA and Canada has direct non stop flight to Manila. Anilao is about 3hrs by road and PG will need another hr by ferry.

Back
Top Bottom