Trimix fills near Austin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

k-valve,
Is AAS keeping the old building for the pool and moving to a new retail space? That's the best pool in Austin for teaching.

Mike is planning on building a new pool when he finds a new location.

ok...am I understanding this correctly...AAS in the original location is no longer open for business and the new location has yet to be located?...I need to take my Scubapro regs in for their annual and I usually do this every Jan:confused:

I love how DW @ 2222 & 620 never opened this year. I guess it's okay, I didn't have to deal with... well, if you've been there, you should know the one I am talking about. But, of course, he's holding onto it as is so he doesn't have to worry about competition down the street. And as for the proximity, AAS was just a few miles from Toms (a mile up lamar, and a mile over Koenig). He's just gonna be getting a better facility now (no more leaky roof and weak AC/heat). And Tom's and trimix, are you kidding me?!? People look at you wierd when you mention steel tanks inside their doors, and they'd start dealin the voodoo gas?!?

Dive World on 620 now has Helium. They are setting it up now. They have 2 certified Trimix Blenders. They will be doing fills overnight or by appointment as the blenders have day jobs. They should be able to fill by early next week. They don't have a booster yet, but that is coming soon.

Oak Hill Scuba is currently doing trimix fills. The pump should be installed in the next couple of weeks. We have one certified gas blender on staff. I'm working on getting the certification along with some of the DMs and instructors at the shop.

k-valve or danktek or anyone else.

So what is the latest about Mike from AAS in his location. I had heard that he was thinking about joining George down in Honduras. I have also heard Cozumel and Costa Rica. Does it look like a go for 2008?

Got me man. I have not seen or heard from Mike since December. I am sure there is no short supply of rumors though.

How hard is it to go to an industrial gas supplier in your neck of the woods and get a bottle of Helium and O2 and PP it yourself (if you know what you are doing that is). Sorry, don't mean to butt-in but I grew up in Killeen Texas and my entire family still lives there, hence I lurk over here from time to time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom