Trim question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rotate the low band on the tank so that the valve turns to right direction. Almost all of the instructions that you can find are for aluminium tanks and that does not apply for steels. Everyone says that lower boltsnap should be 45 deg to some direction, with steels it almost the opposite. And hanging d rings should be as far back as possible.

Almost all of the instructions that you can find are for aluminium tanks and that does not apply for steels.

Steel: boltsnap oriented 60 deg from "valve up" toward body (2/10 o'clock looking at the bottom of the left/right cyl)
Alum: 120 deg (4/8 o'clock for left/right cyl)
Credit to Northern Diver. May have to tweak slightly from there.

I dive a Xdeep Stealth as well. The drop ears are the issue. Get rid of those drop ears and go to something like this. It will move your attachment point closer to the small of your back. and let you pull those tanks up higher.
DE1.jpg

DE.jpg

This works for me with 12l steels. I have butt plate but I use it for all the other stuff, not for tanks.
edit: now my drop d's might be even more narrow, pic is old.

1654233942604-png.726231
1654233971256.png

Attachments

• 1654233942604.png
    1654233942604.png
    701.5 KB · Views: 104

Back
Top Bottom