Tried a BP/Wings set up this weekend.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jeff... they are basically as you describe... looks like fuzzy material folded into a tube and then stitched down the middle in several rows to make a band... with a plastic rectangle at one end and a plastic piece at the other to help thread it through the rectangle. The hook part of velcro is stitched on one side towards the end.

Will I have a friend who has a suit just like yours and he uses the fin keepers... he says they work for him... they wouldn't work for me since my insulated boots are fairly stiff.

WillAbbott once bubbled...
Checked on fin keepers, I think I'll try a pair, can't go wrong for $5.95 or whatever. I may try the velcro strap as well. If I can ditch the ankles and not have floaty feet, I'll be very happy, I usually only use like 1-1.5lbs ankles and my feet feel heavy and I hate it, but without I feel like my feet are floating away. Even with little air in the suit.

Will,

Part of weening off ankle weights is mental also, you have to *think* your feet down and work at it for awhile, as with anything new.
It gets easier :wink:
MD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom