Tribute to the mk10+

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MARK74

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello colleagues, after having read many negative comments about the plus, today I have decided to break a spear for it.
I have one in my collection and it is very reliable and stable, never creeped and is solid at 135psi, hard as a land rover.
Mi Mk10-01.jpeg
ENS. PORTA.jpg

For those of you who have it, I have observed that it does not like silicone grease to be stained on the seat, if there are remains I notice that it drags, that is why I clean it with a lint-free cloth and a little alcohol. Greetings from Malaga

This is my plus, it was born as mk10, but when I disassembled it I saw that they had updated it to plus.
MK10 (6).jpg

A Classic for sure.

I "upgraded" to a couple MK25s last year, but I really can't tell the difference.

I could sell my MK10s, but they're reliable, serviceable, and I probably wouldn't get a lot of money for them. So they're spares and backups.

The wife and I started with MK-10's picked up used now some 30+ years ago. Still going fine. I also have a handful of MK-5 stages.

I have at least 1 10+ that I brought back from the dead with careful polishing of the piston cavity (seller was a complete liar), and someone stole one from me some time ago.

I have used them in some very cold water of the Great Lakes with complete success, watching other newer "improved design" regs fail.

These are some great rugged and well performing stages.

I am passionate about Scubapro, for me a diving legend. I have about twenty regulators in my collection from mk2 to mk25 including diaphragm ones and in the end I always dive with mk10, mk5 and my precious 156 (no R in front please) These jewels and their history are special. Greetings to all

With twenty SP regs you are starting to move into typical collectors madness territory.....
(I finally have all general SP 1sts and 2nds until 2003 in my collection, just missing the Visionaire, so I know what I'm talking about)
And I'm selling at least once a month Mk10s (Plus) to divers, mainly to south Europe.
Sometime I upgrade the MK10 to Plus if wanted.
There are no real problems with the Plus, usually they just don't have such a crisp lockup as the older MK10, but seats and pistons last longer and will be available for quite a while I guess.

I understand you mate,"only the one who understands my passion shares my madness".
It's hard for me to sell even the ones I have duplicates, each one is special.
Love our madness.

Greetings to all

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom