Tribal Meeting...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee:
Foo....that's the one thing we like about camping at Manfield dam. There is a very nice bath house with hot showers and real toilets. However, those toilets are stainless steel and are very rude first thing in the morning in the winter!

Let's do something in the spring/early summer before it gets really hot.

Natasha, you'll like camping with this group.

I think that's what will make camping BEARable for me. Being in a group. Misery loves company right? Ha! :wink:

As long as we can make smores I will be happy! (Does anyone play the guitar?)

Hey,

I want in on this trip. I missed the last Austin Trip get together. Boy this nice weather we have had over the last couple of days has got me in the mood for summer and warm water.

NO to memorial weekend!! We did that last year (or was it the year before, Ken?). We left camp to get air fills about 4 miles away and it took os over 2 hours to get from the park gates to the camp area! Every boat owner in the state was trying to get their boats in the water and we had to wait on every single one! And then there was the drunk on the jet ski running up and down the lake at 3 in the morning. No thanks!

The weekend before or after would be good.

I have to agree with Dee on that one... Memorial Day weekend is CRAZY!! Plus that's my big boating weekend (sorry guys... I'm one of those too!!)

It was Memorial Day Weekend 2002, Dee. There was a drunk jet-skier run over by another drunk in a boat that night. That's my biggest complaint with Mansfield Dam. Otherwise, I'm all for it.

We didn't do anything for M-Day last year. At least I didn't...

Memorial Day is my annual New Braunsfels tubin' river trip weekend. :D

Ok,

We have the Who (Us), and the What (Tribal Meetin'). Now we need to figger out the When (I agree on no holiday times for the insane traffic), the Where (A central location would be good), and we all know Why.

The When and Where is up in the air.

What about June 19-20? The weather shouldn't be hot yet and the water should be warm.

Dee sounds like a typical weekend at Lake Travis.:cheers: (sorry tx.lakerats).
As long as it is not the 1st weekend in June we always go to SeaSpace. Maybe we can get together for that as well.
We went to hippie hollow last year after labor day weekend. You cannot imagine all the stuff we found that was dropped off of those huge party boats. 20 pairs of sunglasses, a camera (point and shoot) towels, hats a real treasure hunt.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom