Trianta Backplate and Wing - Best low cost BP/W?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

98TJ10

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the "Trianta Backplate and Wing combo"? Looks like a great deal for ~$400. Should I be concerned with the quality of the wing?

Divegearexpress also has a $399.. Same for tecline... It is a good price point for a singles rig. The only thing I personally don't like about the trianta is that it comes with a plastic tank cam band buckle. I personally like stainless steel better. But that is a personal choice.

The Trianta wing comes with a 1600 dernier cordura outer cover but it has a urethane bladder.

The DGX wing cover is 1000 dernier but it comes with a 200 dernier laminated bladder.

The laminated bladder of the DGX wing may less prone to impact damage (typically caused by the wing getting caught between the edge of the backplate and hard surface (ground, boat, etc.) when transporting, putting on, and/or removing one gear before/after a dive.

Both DGX and DRIS offer great customer service, so you can't go wrong on that front.

I believe buddhasummer has used the DGX wing and may be able to provide some insight as to durability and quality.

-Z

It is a nicely made wing. By appearance it's a dead ringer for an Oxycheq Mach V 30lb wing.

It felt very thin to me and didn't feel very robust, of course I was comparing it to my Oxy Extreme which unusually thick and robust.

I'm sure as long as you don't treat it too roughly and were careful about not putting heavy items on it it would hold up ok.

But for me just didn't feel sturdy enough. I like robust and it's my main criteria when selecting any dive gear.

Reactions: Zef
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom