Triangle Wrecks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DEEPLOU:
Just back from Hatteas. All wreck diving. Bottom temps all in very high 70's (78-79) to 80s.
WOW I'm heading down Labor Day weekend. Looks like I may be able to get away with that shorty afterall!

What tide table should I check for these wrecks. After seeing this thread, I'm thinking of taking an extra day for some shore diving. Or if slack is early maybe getting a dive in before the drive home.

Hey Grunzster make sure you give us an update after the dive!!! I take my vacation from Sept. 18-26th! I going to dive Summersville Lake and drop down to dive Triangle wrecks and Wrightsville Jetties !!! I'm very interested in your experience with the Tri wrecks so get back with us soon as you can about your dive

I dove on the Triangles this afternoon and it was great! I also did the Huron this morning and the viz was the best its been all summer, pushing over 20'!

The storms haven't really uncovered or recovered much. There has been plenty to see all summer long.

I live down here and head out usually a couple of times a week if you guys are ever looking for a buddy!

Tomorrow I'm heading out to the U-85 for the first time. Very excited!

P.S. A spring suit will be fine as far as temp goes, but keep in mind it is a steel wreck so there is a ton of ragged and sharp edges to watch out for. If you roast in the parking lot with your full suit on, just head to the shower.

Thanks OBX my vacation is like 30 days a way and I'm planning atleast three days of freediving and spearfishing Tri wrecks and other places in the area. what kinda game fish are seeing at the TRI- WRK and are there any places to camp that have good showers in the area?

thanks for any info OBX

I live down here and head out usually a couple of times a week if you guys are ever looking for a buddy!
I'm going to hold you to that!

Seriously, track me down. I'm always looking for someone to head out with!

FreediverGa:
what kinda game fish are seeing at the TRI- WRK and are there any places to camp that have good showers in the area?

thanks for any info OBX

The closest campground I know of is the Oregon Inlet campground. It is National Park so it is kept up very well. It is a bit down the road from the dive sites, but not too bad.
http://www.nps.gov/caha/pphtml/camping.html

On the Tri wreck I have consistently seen very large sheepshead, trigger, spade and some taug-taug.

See ya out there!

Hey OBX are seeing any spade and sheepshead of this size on the wrecks? Oh and that's not me in the pics I took them off the net!

OBXDIVEGUY:
The closest campground I know of is the Oregon Inlet campground. It is National Park so it is kept up very well. It is a bit down the road from the dive sites, but not too bad.
http://www.nps.gov/caha/pphtml/camping.html

On the Tri wreck I have consistently seen very large sheepshead, trigger, spade and some taug-taug.

See ya out there!

As a matter of fact, I have seen some pushing close to that size! Last I checked, a citation size sheepshead was 9 pounds in NC. This time of year the big ones are starting to be fished out, but there are still some there.

I've seen some pretty huge taug-taug out on the Advance too!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom