Trays to use with the Gopro?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Daniel Veltre

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello everyone, I'm trying to see what some good trays are. I've been looking at the tray by SRP but wanted some more opinions.

Thanks

I have been watching this thread because I'm thinking of getting a tray, too, and see you got just one reply in a week. The SRP tray seems popular. I like the boomerang shape that allows you to set it down. Backscatter's tray is straight, not boomerang. The Ikelite tray has a boomerang shape. But are they really that different from each other? Or is a tray a tray?

How you're gonna use it makes a difference. I bought the Beneath the Sea boomerang tray after several people I know raved about it. Nice tray in my hand, flexes a lot mounted on my scooter though. Too bad as i needed the tray for the scooter, not to swim with.

I second the DIY way. For me a tray is tray. I fail to see how a boomerang shape would significant advantage. I built mine from an aluminium piece I got at metal supermarket for about 50 cents. Light arms/handles are locline coolant hoses for machine shops.

In this post and this other post I give more details on how I build my trays.
xyde6umvam1_duedfo7ivtr5ltibeomfo_yv8r2frkvybdqr6zq-eu5gtxl65v6yxiopwbq-w1201-h698-no-jpg.418615.jpg

I have the Sea Life tray with x2 flex arms on each handle with x2 1500 Sea Dragons on mine. It's similar to the picture below but you'll have to use your imagination a bit. Replace the camera with a GoPro.

All the UW photos on my instagram so far were using this setup in combination with polarpro's switchblade.

sealife-flex-connect-flex-arm-2.jpg

I hope this helps!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom