Travis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was out this weekend, and on the surface at Mansfield it looked nice. The people that were in the water said it was nice before the students got in the water. But they're only judging til 40ish feet.

K.

PvilleStang:
But they're only judging til 40ish feet.

K.

'Cause it don't get no deeper than that right now.

Lake Travis? Where is that? I remember a lake just to the west of Austin before but according to what I see out there the rumor is true....It's been renamed to the Colorado River. :D

I heard it's not bad, viz is a little better now that the water is done turning over, several feet in places. That's down to 100ft. Between 100-110 ft is goes to 1-2 ft viz and below that it opens up again. Temps low sixty's down to the fog layer, and it drops about another 10 degrees after that.

I'll be going close to there on Saturday on my way down to the coast and then back by there on Tuesday or Wednesday. I'll probably have my gear with me but I can't say for sure exactly when I'd be able to hit the lake either of those times. If I go I'll report

Back
Top Bottom