Travis Wednesday or Thursday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Willie

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I would like to get down and do some diving at Travis this week. I can probably make anytime from around noon Wednesday till around noon on Friday. Any takers?

Willie

Hey Willie, would love to dive with you but still trying to firm up my schedule for rest of week. It could be packed solid, or clients could be busy with other crap and I end up totally open. Also trying to get ducks in a row and truck back together and inspected before Swamper HH on Saturday so is ready to roll me to that and to the CleanUp dive Sunday.

Sold. I haven't been wet in over a month and can pretty much make my own schedule the rest of the week. I'm in Austin so let me know when and where on Travis is best for you and I can be there.

Dan

Is anyone still doing the Wed late afternoon WP dive thing that started up earlier this summer? I was out there once and met Shaggie. My work travel schedule is shot into October or I'd join you on this one. Once that clears, I'd be up for any post 4pm weekday dives.

Report please!!!!

texdiveguy:
Report please!!!!

The above dive did not happen for a variety of reasons,but I can give you a report from last Friday.

Went to the dam and followed the bottom of it down to the river channel. Viz below the thermocline was pretty good,at least 10 feet. Max depth was 132. Might have got another foot or two if we had gone a bit further but that is it. Travis is pretty shallow at the moment! Temperature on the bottom was 59
The viz is not so good at around 50 feet but is OK. Maybe 5 feet. There is a wrecked boat at 20 feet just before the dam that makes deco more interesting.
Conditions at depth are the best they have been this year.Not quite "windex" but still worth diving.

ianr33:
The above dive did not happen for a variety of reasons,but I can give you a report from last Friday.

Went to the dam and followed the bottom of it down to the river channel. Viz below the thermocline was pretty good,at least 10 feet. Max depth was 132. Might have got another foot or two if we had gone a bit further but that is it. Travis is pretty shallow at the moment! Temperature on the bottom was 59
The viz is not so good at around 50 feet but is OK. Maybe 5 feet. There is a wrecked boat at 20 feet just before the dam that makes deco more interesting.
Conditions at depth are the best they have been this year.Not quite "windex" but still worth diving.

ian,,, thanks man for the report....sounds like nice conditions to me... :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom