Travis viz below 100'

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As far as setting anchors in the RB, I wonder if one could use a combination of lead, surface area in the silt, and tension on the line, say a pole, sort of like a ski pole only the end that goes in the snow has a larger flat area, and a lead weight, the line goes through the end of the pole that sticks out of the silt, if you keep the line taught enough and from a V from start to finish kind of like \____/ could it stay? Kind of like a reverse suspension bridge, haulin this stuff down and jammin it in the silt doesn't sound like much fun even if it would work tho.

I too have thought about running line through the grove, if there is work for putting in a perminent line, I'm all for it.

Crazyduck:
The old riverbed runs right in front of windy point and (according to my map) at the 170 to 180ft section. The riverbed seems to run due north south through this section which it maintains its depth. The riverbed seems to have windy point as a sharp canyon wall and then the other side rises slowly. I can’t talk to actual bed I am sure Greg can cover that topic.
Regards, Andrew

Andrew, could you email me a photo of that map section you are talking about. I was hoping the west side of the river channel was like the Wp side. If it is a gentle slope all the way down to the RB than that maybe a wrench in the works. Last year we entered at WP public side and dropped to 50' and maintainted that depth while we scootered directly across the lake about 25 mins into the run we picked up the bottom on west side of the lake and you are correct it was a very gentle slope from 60' on up. I was hoping it was not like that down deep.
What we were thinking about doing was Team 1 goes down at Richard's WP and would tie off on the permanent line that is there now @ 150'. Shoot a bag with a reel attached deploying line as it ascends, once at the surface our boat and surface crew retrieve the bag & reel. They then attach the up-line to a huge spool with say 4000 feet of line on it proceed across the lake deploying line to the west side of the lake. Once in 20' of water on the west side, the 2nd team enters the water and they attach that line to a empty reel and start descending following the bottom heading east taking up line, once they hit the riverbed bank they pull line tight across the RB & tie off on the bank and start their ascent heading west keeping the bottom with them laying line while making tie offs on the ascent.

Dave

texdiveguy:
Alot of Texas divers seem to do that,,,,get a new hood and get diving,,,,,been such a warm winter this year......better take advantage of what water is left in the ponds---if the weather cond. continue on this pattern may not be any Tx. inland diving this summer--lol! Hope all else is well for you,,,,we need to dive some together in the season ahead considering we live in the same town. Take care.

Looks like I'll be heading to CSSP or somewhere local next weekend, a friend just got his 1st doubles set up and wants to try them out. Other than that, its FL caves on 2/17 - 2/20 (which I'd rather be doing than Travis anyday). If you want to meet us out at CSSP, I'll let you know what day/time we'll be there. Fixxer hates Murray so that's out of the question for me (he gets jealous when I dive without him). Plus getting in the water there at some of the sites (the tower) can be pretty scary in 104's.

Dave,
I have been dog sick with the flu and plan on being back to the office by Tuesday I will scan you a copy and get it posted. Please pardon the medicine head- too many drugs!.

Night all Andrew

loosebits:
Looks like I'll be heading to CSSP or somewhere local next weekend, a friend just got his 1st doubles set up and wants to try them out. Other than that, its FL caves on 2/17 - 2/20 (which I'd rather be doing than Travis anyday). If you want to meet us out at CSSP, I'll let you know what day/time we'll be there. Fixxer hates Murray so that's out of the question for me (he gets jealous when I dive without him). Plus getting in the water there at some of the sites (the tower) can be pretty scary in 104's.

Hey thanks for the invite,,,,,I have a brother-in-law coming next Sunday,,,but please let me know and if I can hook up with you guys I will. Alan

Back
Top Bottom