Travis trip report and OMS fin review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FIXXERVI6:
James and I went down the stairs by the dam, did the dive, came backup up left the gear and walked back up after the dive taking only the expensive stuff, then went back after several hours to get the gear, didn't want to "shake the soda" coming up those stairs, insane.

Rick this 'having fun' is getting to be alot of work at several dive spots...dang drought---lol!

texdiveguy:
Rick this 'having fun' is getting to be alot of work---lol!

Funny you mention having fun, as I was workin like a mule I kept repeating out loud this is fun, I'm having fun, I'm enjoying myself, this is fun

Al doubles are the secret weapon for diving Mansfield. If you had steel doubles then IMHO you are nuts!! Also I prefer to freeze on the bottom in a wetsuit rather than bake on the surface in a drysuit.

Yep,the things we do for fun !

ianr33:
Al doubles are the secret weapon for diving Mansfield. If you had steel doubles then IMHO you are nuts!! Also I prefer to freeze on the bottom in a wetsuit rather than bake on the surface in a drysuit.

Yep,the things we do for fun !

DBL 108's, Deco gas, drysuit inflation, drysuit with can light, yea pretty stinkin heavy but I gotta train the way I fight.

New here. Me and my dive buddy hit 141ft going 150 degrees off the Cessna at Mansfield Saturday, with 53 degree temp and decent viz past 80 feet. Where are the Sherpa's when you need them? The rock we sat on 3 weeks ago to put fins on is now high & dry. I am almost afraid to run a garden hose or flush the toilet.

FIXXERVI6:
Saturday, hehe, if I was the guy going up and down the stairs red faced dripping and ripping off drysuit material as I hiked back and forth up the stairs then ran for the showers swearing about the heat, yea that was me, sucked it up hiked all the way down to the water and my drysuit inflation blew so I had to go back up and get a hose, thought I was going to pass out about a 3rd of the way up so ripped my top down.

Where you at the site that has the nice grill/smoker with the pavilion?
Yep that was you :) We were in the pavillion with the smoker.

I did wonder why your were going up and down. I was the guy at the end of the day humping the two deco bottles up thinking how noble it was to offer to get my instructors bottle. :) I am glad he didn't take up your suggestion of us carrying his doubles up

Debraw:
Thanks for the report and bonus fin review. We just started carrying the OMS fin in stock with spring straps. After you mentioned them here on the board before your cave trip a month or so ago, I started getting calls and emails about them. I now have a dozen in stock with only one set of spring straps and the rest will come in when they get off of backorder. OMS has been taking a more aggressive approach to markeing their product lately and I think we will be carrying more of their stuff in stock the deeper we get into tech, no pun intended.

The ones that come with the spring straps, are they fixed to the fin perminently or do they have any sort of release?

No release on the spring straps, they are fixed permanently.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom