Travels in Thailand - Phuket & The Andaman Sea 2008.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great trip report! And wonderful pictures.

I'm heading to Thailand tomorrow to go on the Colona 6 and now I'm even more excited!

Thanks Kim

Great dive report Kim! It's much more detailed than I'll do. Besides I never remember the correct names for things. :confused:
I am definitely going to steal some photos from you.

Hi,
lovely trip report as it gave me a sense of what to expect from each area.
Now for some questions :D
Since we would have limited days we are looking at either south andaman (Hin daeng hin muang) for 2 days aboard M/V Pawara or north richelieu rock, koh bon etc for 3 days aboard Genesis ...

Which would you recommend ? We would love to see pelagics like Mantas but would like the dives to excellent with or without them ... We are
both 50 dives old ...
Your feedback is appreciated ..

Also if ou don't mind can you share the details of your camera setup .. Thanks :)

Hi,
lovely trip report as it gave me a sense of what to expect from each area.
Now for some questions :D
Since we would have limited days we are looking at either south andaman (Hin daeng hin muang) for 2 days aboard M/V Pawara or north richelieu rock, koh bon etc for 3 days aboard Genesis ...

Which would you recommend ? We would love to see pelagics like Mantas but would like the dives to excellent with or without them ... We are
both 50 dives old ...
Your feedback is appreciated ..

Also if ou don't mind can you share the details of your camera setup .. Thanks :)
If I had to choose between South or North, I'd definitely go North. Although I personally have seen more mantas in the South, lot's of people DO see them in the North - especially at Koh Bon. Visibilty is much better in the North though usually....and Richelieu is really a fantastic dive.

I can't comment on the boats you mention as i don't know either of them. You might want to start a seperate thread to ask people like Batfish and Ringo what they think. I'm sure someone will have an idea.

All my underwater shots were taken with an Olympus C5050, mostly with an Inon D-180 strobe, but some on internal flash. Topside pictures were with a Canon Eos Kiss Digital X (400D)

Hey Kim

great report!

Nice to see some new seahorses on R/Rock.The Dad has been AWOL for a while.

I have been on C6 many times....Great boat and crew!

I have not dived in T/land for a while and will for sure be in the water next high season......

Back on Colona 6 probably the best liveaboard in the world.

Nice job Kim, thanks!

I would recommend a 4 days trip North to Similans, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai and Richelieu Rock. The one day extra gives you much more choice in boats, so you can get a better value for money boat, and the whole trip will be much more relaxing.

Great report Kim and what photos!! I like the itinery of the liveaboard going both south and north, i didnt know they did that.

Back
Top Bottom