Travelling to Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rosie

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

Wonder if anyone can help me with this query? My husband and I are looking to go to Cozumel for two weeks in February next year. I have been pricing flights up for this and the difference in cost to fly on to Coz from Cancun is absolutely ridiculous. Is it easy to get the ferry or could we get flights by just paying at the airport in Cancun?

Grateful for any advice...

cheers
Rosie

if you have the patience you can get on a bus (3-8 dollars) from the Cancun airport to Playa del Carmen (30-40 minutes), then take one of the ferries from Playa to Coz (6-8 dollars also-the hydrofoil ferries take a little over 20 minutes to get across). Really the only downside to this I see is that you get to drag your bags along yourselves, but a few pesos can go a long way with getting someone local to schlep your bags. Also, it is easy to get a local with a cart to carry your bags from the bus to the ferry in Playa for the equivalent of a couple of bucks.

The buses and taxis are very readily available at the airport, but be advised the won't leave until pretty full, which can take a couple of minutes or half an hour, just depending on the timing. Once in Playa you will find people to be friendly and helpful and the ferries to Coz leaving every half hour or forty minutes.

Continental Airlines offers some direct flights from some cities in the US. You might look into routing you plans through the US. I know that there are 2 flights??? a week from Houston.

Cmay

We are looking at flying Continental via Houston already - good idea to check out direct flights from there though, maybe that will make a difference.

cheers
Rosie

Also, you can get a direct flight out of Mexico City to CZM.

don O

I got a direct flight from Mexico City to Coz. on Mexicana. Which is not my airline of choice, by any means. But got me where I needed to go, at the last minute, when I had no other options.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom