Traveling setup for when you can't get L/R valves... and yoke?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just point the knobs down and throw the bungie around them.

When I switched my twins to side mount I wasn’t about to give up my lovely old scubapro regs so I bungied around the yoke screws. I can use any valves and mount any of my tanks.

Another question - has anyone been SM diving with yoke valves? It strikes me as bulky and awful. The only reason I'm even considering the question is in the event that I want to travel really light (only one BC), and the location only offers yoke valves, but want the option of two cylinders. I'm sure it is possible, but I was hoping someone here could share their experience trying it.

This is from 10 to 13 years ago but a group of us made multip[le dives on 4 to 5 trips in Cozumel. We were all SM using yoke valves on right hand tanks. Fairly certain that all of us had DIN regs with a yoke adapter. We may have used a few Yoke regs on stages. It was not an issue for any of us. I cannot remember what adjustments we made nor do I have any pic - sorry.

I know they exist, but I haven't found a rental tank that didn't have enough of a nub to wrap my bungee around.

Yolk adapters are bulky and get a little in the way, but they are fine for most dives.

These two together mean I have never had to modify my setup for rental tanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom