Traveling Overseas with Pets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quarrior

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Eventually I will be moving to Thailand. However, I am very concerned about the well being of my cat during the flight. If I could take him into the cabin with me, it would be great but I do not think airlines allow this.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

If I can't be assured of his safety, I'd just as soon find him a good home before I go.

good gosh! the last thing i would want on a international flight is someones pet! although, chances are they will be better behaved that some of the kids ive flown with :wink:

to my knowledge, pets in cage in cargo... but check if there are any special vaccinations needed for where you are going because i know if you came to australia, kitty would have to go into paid quarantine for about six months before they let him go home with you

cheers

I've seen cats travelling in the passenger compartment with their owners on domestic flights. Depends on the airline as well as size of the kitty/carrier.

Good luck!

I just flew this past week and saw a couple of people with small pets as carry ons. The big issue is what almity said, the quarantine thing. There are a few places that require that. I think even Hawaii does.

Dive-aholic:
I just flew this past week and saw a couple of people with small pets as carry ons. The big issue is what almity said, the quarantine thing. There are a few places that require that. I think even Hawaii does.

Yes, Hawaii does because we're rabies free. That is the only reason why we have it. Australia's quarantine is much more stringent than ours. Friend of mine moved to Oz and took her pets with her and her dog had to go thru a course of meds before she went because a certain test did on him had too high a level of something indicating some exposure. Can't remember exactly what.

You need to check with the airlines and the authorities in that country long beforehand to make sure you meet all of the requirements.

Good luck!:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom