Travel to the Philippines in 2022?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can dive all year round in the Philippines. I think the best conditions are usually from February to May, but conditions are generally good all year round.
I travel to Philippines all yr round because the flight is cheap and short but different story if the flight is well over 10 hrs + time difference. A 3-4 days round trip is not to be sniffed at. So it is logical to choose the "best time of the yr" to avoid disappointment.

I have experienced it once many yrs ago. Luckily my flight arrived after most water has subsided but many roads were still closed. I could not travel on ward to PG so went to Subic instead. The destruction was awful.
Another time the ferry to Ormoc was canceled because of rough sea so I went to Moalboal. I can afford to be flexible but it does not apply to most overseas divers.

Weather is unpredictable in certain time of the yr. And I believe it is the main reason why divers from outside SE Asia would rather go to somewhere else.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom