Travel to Indonesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Isn't there a tourist sim card that will allow your phone to work on Indonesian cell systems for like 30 days or something?
Honestly, I was not aware about tourist SIM card in Indonesia. Being Indonesian, I didn't consider myself as a tourist. I just forget that I replace my broken old mobilephone (bought in Indonesia) with new one few months ago.
We'll be staying Indonesia for more than a month.

Honestly, I was not aware about tourist SIM card in Indonesia. Being Indonesian, I didn't consider myself as a tourist. I just forget that I replace my broken old mobilephone (bought in Indonesia) with new one few months ago.
We'll be staying Indonesia for more than a month.
All this time knowing seeing eachother online and I never put together you are Indonesian. Ha. I will be the first to admit I am pretty slow, but that is ugggh. Sorry. Where are you doing your hotel time? We are heading back to the US for Xmas and are planning on the Hotel Borobodur as it has affordable suites and we need a bedroom door for the two-year-old to nap...and the famous sop buntut.

All this time knowing seeing eachother online and I never put together you are Indonesian. Ha. I will be the first to admit I am pretty slow, but that is ugggh. Sorry. Where are you doing your hotel time? We are heading back to the US for Xmas and are planning on the Hotel Borobodur as it has affordable suites and we need a bedroom door for the two-year-old to nap...and the famous sop buntut.
Coincidentally, we are in Hotel Borobudur - one bed room garden wing suite. Nice living room, kitchen and balcony.
I can also rent a static bicycle in our room just too keep my belly still fit with my wetsuit.
Most affordable compared to other suite hotel.

IMG_20211018_115345.jpg

The sop buntut is not included in the quarantine menu. The salmon steak included in the menu is good but the portion is small.

IMG_20211018_123803.jpg

Since 2018 SIM card purchased in Indonesia needed to be registered.

Complicated?

Someone at the hotel might be able to have your phone registered back at the airport or selected places. Just ask the front desk.

Yes, the hassles is that you can not register your IMEI immediately after arrival although we have 1 - 2 hours once waiting the PCR result
We can only register after quarantine, that mean we have to return to airport again after quarantine.

Isn't there a tourist sim card that will allow your phone to work on Indonesian cell systems for like 30 days or something?

Is the registration has to be done in person? Representative NOT permitted? "Agent" can always circumvent certain rules. This is Indonesia.

I am a non Indonesia citizen. I have been part time living in Indonesia for the last 6 years and am currently there right now, just flew in a couple months ago and I have never heard of any of these phone registration, tourist SIM card, IMEI issues in the last 6 years. Everytime I fly into Indonesia or I have friends that come in the first thing we do is go to one of the little shops on the side of the road with the XL mobile, Telkomsel, etc. banner and pick up a SIM card. You can get one in under 5 minutes. Just pick out the amount of data you want pay, they put in your phone test that its work and off you go. Its that simple!! Trust me I do it all the time.

Also for reference I am using a non Indonesian phone as well. iphone 12pro bought in the US.

I am a non Indonesia citizen. I have been part time living in Indonesia for the last 6 years and am currently there right now, just flew in a couple months ago and I have never heard of any of these phone registration, tourist SIM card, IMEI issues in the last 6 years. Everytime I fly into Indonesia or I have friends that come in the first thing we do is go to one of the little shops on the side of the road with the XL mobile, Telkomsel, etc. banner and pick up a SIM card. You can get one in under 5 minutes. Just pick out the amount of data you want pay, they put in your phone test that its work and off you go. Its that simple!! Trust me I do it all the time.

Also for reference I am using a non Indonesian phone as well. iphone 12pro bought in the US.

I get mine at a kiosk after immigration at Bali. I've never registered my phone in Indonesia either.

Probably you have been using your phone in Indonesia before 18 April 2020. your IMEI is automatically registered in the system.

My last trip in Indonesia was February 2020, didnt have any problems. Unfortunately, I broke it and bought new one few months ago. So my new phone never been used in Indonesia.

No issue on my wife's phone. She bought outside Indonesia but she use it on our previous trip.

No shop was selling any SIM card to tourist outside Labuan Bajo airport because of the need for registration Sep 2018. As we still have time before the LoB set sailed, the dive shop manager sent one of his staff to get the phone registered at the specific place. Of course we paid for the motor cycle taxi as well as extra for the bother.

Quarantine on a boat?
What boat? Absolutely non sense.
Quarantine hotels in Bali and Jakarta.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom