Travel to Indonesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any news about tourist visa / visa on arrival?? My understanding is that those have been suspended and only visitors with "special" visas (business, social etc) are allowed in the country. Have this changed?

I really don't know what the big hype is about the Bali airport. Everyone seems to be making it out to be like now that the airport accepts international flights Indonesia is freely open and everyone will be flocking to Bali.

Here are the facts. Indonesia is has been since 2020 and still is CLOSED to tourist visa. You need a KITAS or B211A visa to get into the country. Yes if your final destination is Bali then it is a little bit easier because now you do not have to fly from CGK to DPS but really is a 2hr flight going to be the deciding factor and make a huge difference for everyone that actually really wanted to get into Indonesia. Lets be honest if you really wanted to get to Indonesia then flying through CGK is not going to stop you from getting to Bali.

Yes I do agree that it is a step forward but honestly I don't think it makes any difference. The real difference will be when they actually reopen the country for tourist. Because once again Indonesia is Closed, also Bali is not its own country Bali is part of Indonesia so Bali its self is not re-opening.

now officially reduced to 5 days.

yes, we also just received revised offer from several hotels for 5 days quarantine in Jakarta.
No Qatar air direct flight to DPS though.

The little bit of good news is the number of days required for quarantine has been reduced by 3 days!
I have checked with several airlines and none of them have any direct flight to DPS even in Nov.

Visa on arrival eg DPS, the fees will go into Bali's coffer rather than Jakarta. Otherwise why would a popular tourist destination require business visa? Agents will receive a cut from the process! Very Indonesian.

We just landed in Jakarta yesterday with Qatar airline. The flight (B787-8) was almost full. There's only 3 seats in biz class unseated.

Luggage collection, immigration, registration and PCR test took around 2 hours
In less than 3 hours we are already in our comfortable suite for 5 days quarantine.
The only hassle, i can't use my mobilephone (purchased not in Indonesia). Ridiculously I have to register the IMEI back at the airport custom after quarantine.

practically no difference, it has been officially decided through ministry letter dated 13/10/2021 that tourism activities as visit visa activities which require visa index B211A
I was told that the bussines visa is not same as the tourist visa though both require B211a.
B211a for tourism does not require sponsor/guarantor.

The only hassle, i can't use my mobilephone (purchased not in Indonesia). Ridiculously I have to register the IMEI back at the airport custom after quarantine.
Since 2018 SIM card purchased in Indonesia needed to be registered.

Complicated?

Someone at the hotel might be able to have your phone registered back at the airport or selected places. Just ask the front desk.

Since 2018 SIM card purchased in Indonesia needed to be registered.

Complicated?
Yes, the hassles is that you can not register your IMEI immediately after arrival although we have 1 - 2 hours once waiting the PCR result
We can only register after quarantine, that mean we have to return to airport again after quarantine.

Isn't there a tourist sim card that will allow your phone to work on Indonesian cell systems for like 30 days or something?

Yes, the hassles is that you can not register your IMEI immediately after arrival although we have 1 - 2 hours once waiting the PCR result
We can only register after quarantine, that mean we have to return to airport again after quarantine.
Is the registration has to be done in person? Representative NOT permitted? "Agent" can always circumvent certain rules. This is Indonesia.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom