Travel to Indonesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Dan how will you travel between Palau and Raja Ampat?
I guess my earlier post was confusing. Sorry about that (I used the word “than”, which is equivalent to instead of, not “then” which is equivalent to afterwards or later on). What I meant to say was, instead of going to Raja Ampat in December, which is still a big question, I have a sure option to go to Palau.

As far as how to go from Palau to Raja Ampat, if it is open, you need to fly from Koror to either Taipei or Tokyo, then to Sorong via Jakarta or Denpasar.

covidvax.live: Live COVID-19 Vaccination Tracker - See vaccinations in real time!

98% in Palau have been vaccinated while it is about 16% in Indonesia.

Palau loses virus-free status with first Covid cases - France 24

First case on 21st Aug 2021!!!!!

How many cases in Indonesia? 4.2m and 140k perished!!!!!

To compare these two countries is absolutely stupid.
Who’s comparing? I was just saying if Bali Heath authorities are letting fully vaccinated foreigners to come in and quarantine for 8 days in a hotel, to quarantine in a liveaboard is better, as it’ll be more isolated from the local population than in the hotel, where the guests could easily sneak in / out of their room and meeting other people, like what happened in Cayman Islands awhile back. If you are on a boat in the middle of the sea, you can’t go anywhere and would be more isolated. I think it’s a good idea that Palau Heath authorities come up with such idea.

Who’s comparing? I was just saying if Bali Heath authorities are letting fully vaccinated foreigners to come in and quarantine for 8 days in a hotel, to quarantine in a liveaboard is better, as it’ll be more isolated from the local population than in the hotel, where the guests could easily sneak in / out of their room and meeting other people, like what happened in Cayman Islands awhile back. If you are on a boat in the middle of the sea, you can’t go anywhere and would be more isolated. I think it’s a good idea that Palau Heath authorities come up with such idea.
Incredible.
You brought the practice of Palau in Indonesia sub forum!.
Palau has only 1 case so far and Indonesia has millions.
What applies in Palau has no meaning in others especially to Indonesia.
There are more land-based divers in Palau than LoB unless you are not aware of this. And even more so in Indonesia.
You are just thinking for yourself and your clients!!!

Incredible.
You brought the practice of Palau in Indonesia sub forum!.
Palau has only 1 case so far and Indonesia has millions.
What applies in Palau has no meaning in others especially to Indonesia.
There are more land-based divers in Palau than LoB unless you are not aware of this. And even more so in Indonesia.
You are just thinking for yourself and your clients!!!
LOL, :D
What clients? I’m the client of @aquabluegreg after he posted this: Palau Aggressor II - Save $1000 - Palau Now Open So go ahead and bark at him. All I’m saying is using liveaboard as the quarantine place is a good idea.

Sorry to see you have been miserable, cannot coupe up with being stuck in Hong Kong, afraid to go anywhere,always posting angry comments with several exclamation marks (!!!!) and capital letters, while I have been diving all over the places that are open for diver to go diving like:
1. Cocos in December 2020, Trip Report - Diving in Cocos Dec. 2020 Trip Report
2. Socorro in January 2021, Trip Report - Socorro Jan 2021 Diving Trip Report
3. Belize in February 2021, Trip Report - Belize Feb 2021 Trip Report
4. Maldives in March 2021, Trip Report - The Best of Maldives, 20-28 March, 2021
5. Socorro in May 2021, Trip Report - Socorro Real Time Review
6. Malpelo in July 2021, Trip Report - The Magic of Malpelo, July 9-18, 2021 on the Ferox
7. Isla Guadalupe in August 2021, Trip Report - Guadalupe Great Whites
All booked, paid for (including flights) & ready to go to:
8. Tiger Beach, Bahamas next month
9. Palau in December 2021.

I have 3 trips to Indonesia in 2022 that I won’t bother to mention as Indonesia is still closed.

:p

Just calm down dude, relax, take a deep breath, take it easy, go diving somewhere.

LOL, :D
What clients? I’m the client of @aquabluegreg after he posted this: Palau Aggressor II - Save $1000 - Palau Now Open So go ahead and bark at him. All I’m saying is using liveaboard as the quarantine place is a good idea.

Sorry to see you have been miserable, cannot coupe up with being stuck in Hong Kong, afraid to go anywhere,always posting angry comments with several exclamation marks (!!!!) and capital letters, while I have been diving all over the places that are open for diver to go diving like:
1. Cocos in December 2020, Trip Report - Diving in Cocos Dec. 2020 Trip Report
2. Socorro in January 2021, Trip Report - Socorro Jan 2021 Diving Trip Report
3. Belize in February 2021, Trip Report - Belize Feb 2021 Trip Report
4. Maldives in March 2021, Trip Report - The Best of Maldives, 20-28 March, 2021
5. Socorro in May 2021, Trip Report - Socorro Real Time Review
6. Malpelo in July 2021, Trip Report - The Magic of Malpelo, July 9-18, 2021 on the Ferox
7. Isla Guadalupe in August 2021, Trip Report - Guadalupe Great Whites
All booked, paid for (including flights) & ready to go to:
8. Tiger Beach, Bahamas next month
9. Palau in December 2021.

I have 3 trips to Indonesia in 2022 that I won’t bother to mention as Indonesia is still closed.

:p

Just calm down dude, relax, take a deep breath, take it easy, go diving somewhere.
How do you manage to dive almost every month? Envious. Lol. I am about 5 hours north of you and I only managed to go to BZE this year. I think RA in Dec. will not be happening :(

Reactions: Dan
How do you manage to dive almost every month? Envious. Lol. I am about 5 hours north of you and I only managed to go to BZE this year. I think RA in Dec. will not be happening :(
Envy for what?
I was not born yesterday! LOL.

Total 20% of Indonesian have received 1 or 2 shot and 70% is the target set by the minister. To vaccinate 50% ie half the population of 270m within next few months?

I retired in August 2020. So I have 6 Saturdays and a Sunday in every week. :D

Being fully vaccinated with Moderna (the best COVID-19 vaccines in the planet), I feel like superman LOL. I have been tested negative for about 14 times (fingers crossed). :p

Palau is only 500 miles north of Raja Ampat and it is open. Just go there.

Ba
Another positive update the Indonesia Government has released a ministerial letter M-HH02-GR 02 02 that as of 17 September 7 airports in Indonesia are official port of entries now and Ngurah Rai Denpasar in Bali (aka DPS) is listed as one of them. Be for Soekarno Hatta in Jakarta was the only port of entry into Indonesia and you had to do your 8 days quarantine there now you can fly direct into Bali. Also a list of government approved quarantine hotels in Bali has been released (mostly 4 & 5 star hotels) and I'm sure many more hotels will be added to it.
Bali not open yet for international arrivals. No tourist visa yet.

That's some article, Dan! Some excerpts from it:

""So for us we concentrate on the first dose. If we can vaccinate 70% of the target population of 208 million, if we can hit 140-150 million, 70% with the first dose, then we can gradually start reopening," he said.

"And my calculation is that will be reached by November.""

Oh? What are the odds of pulling that off, I wonder? It also raises a key question; Indonesia is a nation of islands. Let's say for sake of argument 70% of the 'target population' (eligible adults? Teens?) gets at least 1 shot of any COVID-19 vaccine available. I suspect vaccine rollout would be heaviest around major population centers, perhaps especially touristy ones, such as I hear Bali is.

So, in a nutshell, what I'm asking is...do you anticipate all of Indonesia opening up at the same time? Bali, Raja Ampat and Komodo?

"Indonesia has recorded more than 4.1 million coronavirus cases and 139,000 deaths from COVID-19, but the positivity rate - the number of those tested who are positive - has dropped. It was 31% in late July, but was 2% on Tuesday."

Sounds like the virus has been 'vaccinating' people. But that's a surprising drop in under 2 months!

I'm surprised to see this - "Indonesia, the world’s fourth most populous country, has the sixth highest number of people who have received their first vaccine dose, the minister said, after China, the United States, India, Brazil and Japan." But my question is, is that absolute number (which I suspect), or % of population (a much more meaningful number).

What do you think of this article, @Indah ?
Difficult to have an opinion with real data. 1 Numbers go down in the parts of the country where they test. Indeed there this wave seems to go down very much. But still hardly any testing in other parts. Many people do whatever they can to avoid being tested and/or vaccinated. My personal opinion is that every where in Indonesia the numbers will go up againwithin 6 weeks. Why not? Only 16% of total population vaccinated. Many already more than 6 months ago and hardly protected anymore. People will think: all is fine now. And see the results 1 month later. Best is to look what happened in the USA after 4th of July. Opening schools will speed it up here as well. Maybe I am wrong because much more people have been infected before and the vaccines work excellent in combination with previous infection.

Back
Top Bottom